175 class timescales

Guest stixblue

Guest stixblue

Hello All

Does anyone know the rough timescale involved from the day you lodge your visa application, sent mine today!

Cheers Stixblue

Guest Australia

Hey gday mate!!!

We submitted our application 175 (paper) Hubbie is a fitter. Without agent end of Jan and it arrived 1st Feb we received Case Officer 31st October and were asked to get Police Checks and Medicals done. (you get 70 days to do these when you get CO.)

We have had blood tests and Xrays today and have medicals next Friday. Also need to sort police checks all together its costing us around 500 pounds for these!!

So its taken us 10 long months to get a case officer and lots of emotions excitement and ups and downs so be prepared for it.

So it shouldnt take us that long to get visa now, may hear before Christmas?

So good luck with your application!! Hope it all goes well! Where ya hoping on going to?

Kirstie and Marc x:wubclub:

Guest hartleys

Hi

If you have submitted your application online the general rule is 6-9 months but there have been a lot of coming through in 4-6. Unfortunately there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it its just a big test of patience.

Good Luck

Guest stixblue

Hi there

Hoping to be heading to the Brisbane area with my family and wife's family. Were at the same stage with our applications so hoping things go smoothly. Starting to look for work as an electrician, where you hoping to head too?

Guest smiler77

hi, sent mine (online) 02/10/08 and though they automatically acknowledge it and take your money!!! they still havent registered any of the documents that i have attached. online seems way to go as police check and medicals can be done straight away. timeline sites were really encouraging though, couldnt get on one mentioned in this site but found another one at BEupdate - Timeline Spreadsheet for Australian Visa Applications, some people only waitin 4-6 month which is much better than other quotes i have had!! hope it helps. T ;0)

Guest The "legdes"

Hiya,

Check out a thread I posted with some info from the Beupdate site. The thread is called "175 Beupdate Analysis". It may help give you some sort of a picture.

Hello All

Does anyone know the rough timescale involved from the day you lodge your visa application, sent mine today!

Cheers Stixblue

Guest pandj6224

Hi, According to our agent today, those applying on the 175 skilled, can expect to wait about 12 months, although there are people getting through the system faster, our application was recieved on the 17th of Jan 08, meds and pc's front loaded and received on the 20th of may, finalised on the 25th & 30th, of May,,, 7 of us !!!

Heard nothing since, it's a long wait for some, like us !! Just want an answer now!!

Pat

Guest UGandSMUG

Hi,

DIAC site specifically says that applicants with assessed skills matching a role on the MODL will recieve priority processing. Not sure how much quicker it makes it in reality but if you fall under that category then the wait might not be too bad!

(At least that's what we keep telling ourselves as both our professions are MODL, so fingers crossed we are hoping for a 6 month turn around when we submit.)

Guest pandj6224
Hi,

DIAC site specifically says that applicants with assessed skills matching a role on the MODL will recieve priority processing. Not sure how much quicker it makes it in reality but if you fall under that category then the wait might not be too bad!

(At least that's what we keep telling ourselves as both our professions are MODL, so fingers crossed we are hoping for a 6 month turn around when we submit.)

Hi,

Our fingers are crossed for you to !! Some seem to go through quick while other applications seem take forever, Oh's job description is on the MODL, that doesn't seem to have done anything for us yet..

Just a waiting game I guess !!

P

Guest smiler77
Hi, According to our agent today, those applying on the 175 skilled, can expect to wait about 12 months, although there are people getting through the system faster, our application was recieved on the 17th of Jan 08, meds and pc's front loaded and received on the 20th of may, finalised on the 25th & 30th, of May,,, 7 of us !!!

Heard nothing since, it's a long wait for some, like us !! Just want an answer now!!

Pat

hi pat, excuse me for bein dim but could you explain front loaded? i thought this was when they went with application but yours not recieved till may, is this usual? as i applied online my pc was scanned and attached my meds sent shortly after by docs snail mail, that was over 3 weeks ago but still no notification of them being recieved. did yours take 4 months to be registered as recieved? :confused: T ;0)

Archived