Sign in to follow this  
bunnyboo

anybody emigrated on a business visa?

Hi,

We have contacted a migration agent who suggested that, as we currently own and manage our own company (manufacturing and retailing window blinds), we should attempt to get into australia on a business visa.

Has anybody else gone down this route. I am unsure of such a big move, with 2 young children, knowing how hard it is to establish a new business.

My husband is 44 with over 20 years exp as a panel beater and i am a qualified primary school teacher, with very little experience. Neither of us have been employed in the above sectors for over 3 years.

Any advice, comments etc. would be very welcome! :D

BUSINESS VISA 163

At least I'm not wondering anymore!

Going home - 12th December 08

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest ironmaggi

My friends emigrated to Brisbane last year on a business visa. He was a policeman and she a PA [who's now pregnant] They were intending to do something with computer security but ended up buying a bike shop! They're doing really well [they got other jobs to help pay bills intially] have built their own dream house with pool, have loads of capital left from selling a house in Essex.... I think, because you have 5 years to prove 2 years worth of turnover, it's fairly do-able [depending on economy and outlays] There was also that family on Get a New Life where he did the fishing business and she sold hairpieces eventually to help out.. so you don't have to stick to the original plan! Alternatively, are primary school teachers not in demand?

Guest Derbys

Ironmaggi

Hi just wondering if your friends had joined pomsinoz, there experience in terms of setting up a business in Oz would be worth its weight in gold. It seems very little people on pomsinoz have gone on a business visa. I'm desperate for info.

Thanks very much

Guest Derbys

For bunnyboo

Hi just wondering if you have received any information, my husband owns his own business and we are looking to do something simular in OZ but its mind blowing, I don't now where to start!! Any info would be greatly appreciated x

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By emma_mcgivern
        Mass Recruitment are looking for scaffolders UNDER THE AGE OF 30 to move from the UK to Australia - contracts from 6 to 24 months depending on how long you are looking to move over for. Would be a great experience for anyone. Please email CV's or any enquiries to ozjobs@massrecruitment.com.au
        Anyone with a trade qualification for construction is also desirable for future contracts.
        Thanks Everyone!

• By mystica
        Hi there...Im filling visa form for 189 visa...what should be the answer to following question...Im student here in Australia from Pakistan
        Q-Have any of the applicants lived in a country other than the primary applicant's usual country of residence?
        please reply 
      • By MrsWayLay17
        Hello,
        I am new here but have been a lurker for a few weeks.  I am an Australian citizen who has been living in the UK with my now-husband for 15 years (i am a dual citizen). We got married last month in Queensland and have now come back to the UK. We've decided to move to Australia permanently with our two children in 2019 and I wanted to get the ball rolling with his visa. 

Am i right in thinking that he applies NOW for his temp visa ... which then eventually will turn into the permanent one? I can apply for this visa now even though we won't be there for another 19 months?  Our children will have citizenship via me so i won't need to do anything with them besides get their Aust passports sorted out.
        If anyone else has done this, i'd love to hear from you. I understand the visas can take up to 3 years to obtain so now is a good time to start right??  Do some people wait until they're IN Australia? $7,000 is a lot of money! 

Thank you for reading! 
      • By UKFrann
        Hi all,
        I have just left Australia after doing an exchange program from my home University in the UK for one year on a Student-Working visa. 
        I have a question regarding Superannuation (DASP). I am completely at grips with the ATO and Tax return (already claimed this for the year 2016/17) and that I am entitled to claim my Superannuation back via the DASP online system.
        My question (and I am unsure as to whether this is a myth or not) is whether would claiming my Superannuation for the past year affect any future chances of myself re-entering Australia with the intention of living there permanently one day on a different visa and starting to earn Superannuation again?
        I understand this is perhaps quite vague but my bottom-line question is if I claim back my Super now, will I be able to apply for a Working visa in the future and be able to extend this eventually to permanent residency/citizenship and start a new superannuation fund?
        Any help would be greatly appreciated! 
      • By Raz434
        Hi all,
        looking for any advise / knowledge around this. Continuously paying different amounts of money to different people and hearing differing opinions, its all rather confusing. 
        I have an honors degree (4 years) graduated 2013. Psychology.
        have worked in the field in my field 2.8 years.
        on a 457 visa, have a sponsor to do 186 but have not been with them 2 years.
        my degree is deemed not relevant to my occupation. Residential Care Officer. 
        Positive skill assessment thus came out as 0.8

The assessment is used to help points based visa. Is 186 a points based visa? Does my degree need to be 'relevant' for my sponsored job?