example template statutory declaration for TRA

Guest Morg36

I am trying to get all my historical (last 15 yrs) of working stuff together for the TRA and have been struggling with the format and wording for a statutory declaration can anyone help with a successful example?

My only period of PAYE was during my apprentiship in 82-86 which I can verify but all the rest of my Bricklaying life has been self employed, I also foolishly did my own accounts, so have no accountant to back me up for 86 - 96, I have traced a few of the old companies I subcontracted to who have agreed to sign a declaration but what should this include?

I can show accounts & work attestations for the last 2 years here in France but will this be good enough?

any help gratefully recieved

Guest leeob77

hi there.

i think i might have a template for a stat dec.

pm me your email address and if i can find it i'll send it on over.

lee.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I used this

Statutory Declaration

I, (your name), (occupation), of, (your address) do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows;

enter the details of your declaration

I make this declaration believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declaration Act 1935

Signed .....(your sig)

Dated .....(the date)

Declared at .........(solicitors details)

Before me ...(solicitor sig )

Hope that helps

Guest rachbarlow
I am trying to get all my historical (last 15 yrs) of working stuff together for the TRA and have been struggling with the format and wording for a statutory declaration can anyone help with a successful example?

My only period of PAYE was during my apprentiship in 82-86 which I can verify but all the rest of my Bricklaying life has been self employed, I also foolishly did my own accounts, so have no accountant to back me up for 86 - 96, I have traced a few of the old companies I subcontracted to who have agreed to sign a declaration but what should this include?

I can show accounts & work attestations for the last 2 years here in France but will this be good enough?

any help gratefully recieved

I did my OH TRA and passed successfully 1st time. OH self employed kitchen fitter. I have posted on another thread and copied this as to what I submitted in the stat dec and was successful.

I included:-

• Statutory Declaration including details of training, employment, his job, materials, and tools. I included pictures of four jobs that OH carried out and included photos of him at work, pics of his work, tools and van, computer drawn plans which he works to, and his work schedule.

• Tax returns. (I included 6 years)

It does not matter if you do your own accounts. Just put it in your stat dec that it is not a requiremnt that you have to have an accountant (as it isn't). Attach tax returns for I think it may be 4 years now, but I did 6, as you are meant to keep accounts for 6 years. I don't think 2 years will be good enough. However, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Can you not chase the tax office for copies of your old returns??? If it is a problem, you will have to put it in your stat dec why you cannot provide this information, and show willing that you have tried to chase it up, who with, and the outcome of that.

The companies you contracted to should include when you contract to them, what your role was, the duties you undertook, tools that you used on a regular basis, and that anything positive about you and your skills (e.g good with the customers, fully insured, mulit-skilled, trained in H&S).

Hope that this is a starting point for you!!:chatterbox:

Rach barlow has said it all realy,just to emphasise it is a "statement" not a "reference",IE joe bloggs is a good lad,turns up on time etc isnt what they want,detail and more detail,ie facework weatherstruck pointing,100 mm face blockwork flush pointing,civils work including waterbond etc,just loads of detail,and as rach said a list of tools used and any statements to be signed off by a person holding a position of authority in the company,and said person to "state" position on statement,its not hard,i done it so anyone can.

Archived