vetassess practical oct 08 - joiner

Guest TnT

Hi.

Me and my fella are new to this, but just from reading other posts have learned a lot from other people's experiences.

My chap did his vetassess on the 30th Oct for joinery. He found it a lot harder than he expected, mainly as it was bench joinery which he hasn't done for a while, as oppposed to on-site stuff he does now, so we are both on pins until we get the results through. :unsure:

He was told 2-3wks for the result, but I read somewhere that someone heard within a week! Does anyone know how long it generally takes?

Also, he was told that if you only fail on a couple of things you can just re-take those areas - I wondered if anyone else has been in this position, and does it mean you don't have to pay the full fee again???

Can anyone help??? I feel that we're still at such an early stage but I'm a nervous wreck already - goin to have to have another wine me thinks!!

:err:

It is the australian assessment that you have to pass if you are applying for a 'skilled migrant' visa. You have to pass the written part before you proceed to the practical for your trade.

I don't think you need to do a practical if you are applying for an 'employer sponsored' visa and already have a job lined up, but if not you need their certificate to submit with your visa app!

Apparently it only came in last year, used to just be the paper based assessment. Bad timing eh!

Archived