How many apps?

Guest Dom N Tegan

Guest Dom N Tegan

Hi all,

Does anyone know the number of visa applications that can be made by someone? For instance, could i reapply if my application was rejected because a form wasn't filled in properly?

I'm in two minds about using an agent. I'd happily pay someone to do this properly incase i couldn't apply again.

Many thanks,

Dom

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Dom

They wouldn't penalise you for making the odd error. Their staff would make errors if they had to fill these forms in.

There was a guy recently who didn't include his TRA assessment with his visa application. He got the whole lot back and his account was not debited for the fee because without the TRA assessment the application was invalid. It was a bit long-winded of them to send the whole thing back just so that he could add one more item and then return the entire bundle to Australia, but that's bureaucracy for you, I guess.

I made a mistake on my mother's application for a Contributory Parent visa. I got her to sign the wrong box right at the end of the form. They were OK about it. The CO simply e-mailed a copy of the page and asked us to print it, get Mum to sign the right box and then post it back to her.

If you feel confident about attempting the whole thing on your own then give it a go. If you don't, then use an Agent but make sure you have seen at least a dozen personal recommendations of the Agent concerned with your own eyes (on the forum) I suggest.

Cheers

Gil

• 4 weeks later...
We didn't use an agent and sent our visa off in July..Our case officer was allocated Jan24th and sent us an email saying there were a few things we missed, he told us what they were and has given us time to get them sorted, The things we needed to do were allowed to be scanned and emailed..We are just waiting on a couple of things now but have until 21st Feb to get them emailed..Even if you cant get the required documents before the deadline, as long as you show receipts to say that these are pending they will grant you an extension, maybe we just got a real nice case officer :) He is so helpful

A lot of people think all agents do is charge a good price and fill up forms.

Good agents will advise their clients what documents are necessary for an application to be deemed as valid. If you make an invalid application and you have a deadline looming (i.e. age points), you will find that a missing document can sometimes be the source of a lot of grief.

Peter

Guest carla&trev
We didn't use an agent and sent our visa off in July..Our case officer was allocated Jan24th and sent us an email saying there were a few things we missed, he told us what they were and has given us time to get them sorted, The things we needed to do were allowed to be scanned and emailed..We are just waiting on a couple of things now but have until 21st Feb to get them emailed..Even if you cant get the required documents before the deadline, as long as you show receipts to say that these are pending they will grant you an extension, maybe we just got a real nice case officer :) He is so helpful

Hi Jo,

What sort of things were you asked for? Was it things you were able to get easily? I suppose the reason I ask is because we too are going it alone without an agent, and I hate to be unprepared for anything and to get all the way down the road and then they ask for something you just cannot get, would destroy me!!!!!! (A bit melodramatic I know but hey, I'm pregnant - hormones are whizzing around!!!)

Something to note (sorry if you already know this, but I guess some people might find it useful)...

If you are pregnant you won't be able to have your medicals done because they need to xray you. You might have to mention this fact when you apply just in case they ask for meds while you are still preggers.

I wouldn't worry about doing the application yourself. I did it without hitch and I am a bit thick and had the added complication of having to be state sponsored! You just need to spend a lot of time on the internet and make sure you have all the facts and get all the things they might ask for. There are check lists and all sorts of things to help you - it's just a matter of finding them.

If you are pregnant you won't be able to have your medicals done because they need to xray you. You might have to mention this fact when you apply just in case they ask for meds while you are still preggers.

Becoming pregnant midway through the processing of a skilled visa is technically not a notifiable event.

When your case officer asks for medicals, you can simply inform your case officer then. Your CO will then be obliged to suspend the processing of your application until you are next able to take your xray.

However, if your child is born before your visa is decided, your baby needs to be included in your application, and you need to inform your case officer accordingly. Your baby will need to undergo medicals as well.

Peter

Guest franny22
Hi Jo,

What sort of things were you asked for? Was it things you were able to get easily? I suppose the reason I ask is because we too are going it alone without an agent, and I hate to be unprepared for anything and to get all the way down the road and then they ask for something you just cannot get, would destroy me!!!!!! (A bit melodramatic I know but hey, I'm pregnant - hormones are whizzing around!!!)

hey guys i found your article interesting as i have just spent £90 with national visas so they can send me all the forms i need, the information to fill them in, a 30 min telephone consultation and unlimited emails if i need assistance. I dont want a lot of the expense that can be incurred with all this as i cant afford it.

do you have any ideas how long the process may take to complete by not using an agent, cos i would be grateful for a rough idea.

good luck

Archived