register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

The Pom Queen

Short Term Furnished Rentals and Bookings

Hi All

Just a quick one for people who are moving over and wanting short term furnished accommodation for when they arrive and airport pick ups. We are finding a lot of people leaving it until the last few weeks before booking their short term furnished accommodation, unfortunately, because of this some people are struggling to have accommodation for when they arrive. So I just wanted to give people a heads up that if you are coming to Australia in the next 6 months try and organise your short term accommodation as soon as possible as with the summer holidays, christmas and the rental crisis at the moment it is getting harder for people to find something.

For Melbourne we are recommending allowing at least 4 weeks to get your long term rental as with the OFI (open for inspections) system it can delay things dramatically.:wubclub:

I am sure Cal or Sarah can advise you how long it takes to secure a rental in Brisbane at the moment.

Remember realestate agents will not entertain you for a 12 month rental until you are in Australia and have viewed the property.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

I have had a few enquires on the last minute and havnt been able to help ,so always advise booking well ahead, im sure there are others out there like myself who will allow you to book floating dates.

I normally recommend 3 to 4 weeks to find,view and apply/be accepted for a rental property in and around Brisbane.Touch wood its never taken me longer than 4 weeks so far.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...