Sign in to follow this  
Guest EM&M

Can my hubbys uncle sponsor us?

Guest EM&M

Hi, my hubbys Uncle and family live on the Gold Coast, they have their own business and have lived there for over 30yrs. I cannot find any info on family sponsorship if such a thing exists. Would he beable to sponsor us and if so what does that entail? Can anyone point me in the right direction.......thank you in advance :lol:

Em

Hiya yes i believe you can get family sponsership ,the ins and outs im not sure of ,i think you have to have close family but not over sure ,id ring an agent they offer free consultations and then you would know all the correct details but good luck to you the Gold Coast is brilliant,

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest EM&M

Hi Cal, got in touch with an agent just going to forward our details and see what happens. I have been to Gold Coast 5 times in the last 7, every year me and hubby say cant go as too expensive and somehow we always manage to get the money together (or debt ourselves up to eyeballs)! Last time we visited was 2005 when our daughter was 13 mths and we were on about coming for xmas this year but we now have a 4 mth old as well. Its stupid cos everytime we go we never want to leave so we have decided to have a look at our options. Hubbys family live in clear island waters and have their own business so I know that we would be ok initally with a place to live and a job (hubbys the favourite nephew lol), we know that its going to become increasingly difficult to get out there on holiday especially when both girls are over 2 and need seats.

Where r u on the Gold Coast? have you been out there long?

Em

Hi i havent been on hre for for a while but i had to reply. Yes you can be sponsored by an uncle. What happens is you add 15 points to the highest score . We needed the sponsorship to pass 120 points but the oz government moved our rellies postcode into the sydney + selected areas criteria on 1st jan so basically we cant go as we only have 110 points now. we are devastated.They had our application since august 1st. PM me if you would like more info Ed

I don't know much about relative sponsorship, but was talking to a lady in a shop the other day and her husband is sponsoring a family member - she did say that they had to pay some money (but didn't say how much) and that her husband had to provide evidence of business etc.

Ali

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest EM&M

Hi Ali, from what Ed said above I think its a case of getting extra points for sponsorship, only problem is we dont have skilled trades we have both worked our way up to our current positions my husbands been 17yrs with his company and me 11yrs. We have submitted our cv to an agent my friend has got her skilled visa thru and will be off to Perth first week in April. Wish it was me :roll:

Em