Victoria state sponsorship

Guest brummie

Guest brummie

Hi fellow poms,

I'm preparing to apply for state sponsorship by Victoria for my SIR visa application. Apparently you're required to do lots of research about the state - has anyone here gone through the process? I'm clueless as to what they expect you to know about, where to find the info and how to show the state that you have actually conducted the research... :shock: If there's anyone here who knows what it's all about, please do not hesitate to share your knowledge with me! Many thanks!

Guest Missiemo
Hi fellow poms,

I'm preparing to apply for state sponsorship by Victoria for my SIR visa application. Apparently you're required to do lots of research about the state - has anyone here gone through the process? I'm clueless as to what they expect you to know about, where to find the info and how to show the state that you have actually conducted the research... :shock: If there's anyone here who knows what it's all about, please do not hesitate to share your knowledge with me! Many thanks!

Hi Brummie

We came on State Victorian Sponsorship but this was on a STNI visa, so sorry maybe not any help but we were not asked to do any research.

Mo

Guest leanneandmark

Hey mo,

we're planning stni visa to vic.

How are you liking it? where are you? point cook looks nice and reasonably priced.

What occupation did you go on? we (and 2 boys n baby girl) are just sorting out skills assessment.

Aiming to be in oz in 18 months.

i wasn't aware of having to do research on vic either.

Leanne

Guest Missiemo
Hey mo,

we're planning stni visa to vic.

How are you liking it? where are you? point cook looks nice and reasonably priced.

What occupation did you go on? we (and 2 boys n baby girl) are just sorting out skills assessment.

Aiming to be in oz in 18 months.

i wasn't aware of having to do research on vic either.

Leanne

Hi Leanne

I think the research is just for a SIR visa not STNI.

We are in Mornington, five minutes from beach, hour from CBD.

It is wonderful, OH is a bricklayer.

We have three daugthers who are loving it.

Lets us know how you go

Take Care

Mo

Where are you planning to live in regional VIC?

Geelong (for example) has a person responsible for regional migration - maybe contact the City of Greater Geelong on +61 3 5227 0270 and ask to speak with their person who assists with people wanting to migrate to Geelong and the region?

I also have a name if you want to send me an email.

Best regards.

Guest brummie

Hi Alan,

Geelong is my first choice as it is the biggest regional city and I assume it would therefore have the largest number of architectural firms in regional Victoria. Bendigo is my second choice as it is the only region where there is a shortage of architects. I would really appreciate if you could send me the contact details of the person you mentioned in your previous message. Thanks a million for your help!

Archived