and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest vanita suman

Castle Hill Public vs Oakhill Drive Public

Guest vanita suman

Hi there,

We have recently arrived in Australia from the UK and have are living in Castle Hill. We have been looking at schools for my son to start Kindergarten in Jan 2009 and the 2 schools that have really appealed to us are Castle Hill Public and Oakhill Drive Public, although my son prefers Oakhill Drive.

Does anyone have any experience of either of these schools as I am a bit stuck as to which one to send my son to?

Thanks in advance.

Vanita

Hi there,

We have recently arrived in Australia from the UK and have are living in Castle Hill. We have been looking at schools for my son to start Kindergarten in Jan 2009 and the 2 schools that have really appealed to us are Castle Hill Public and Oakhill Drive Public, although my son prefers Oakhill Drive.

Does anyone have any experience of either of these schools as I am a bit stuck as to which one to send my son to?

Thanks in advance.

Vanita

Hi Vanita! Just bumping this up as I'm interested to know what others say about these. I've not heard of Oakhill Drive - where abouts is it? Did you visit Winston Hills in the end? Would be very interested to know your thoughts.

Hope you're settling in OK!? How did it all go?

Cheers, Jo

Guest vanita suman

Hi Jo,

We arrived last week and are settling in fine although we are missing the family quite a bit. We saw the following schools:

Winston Hills

Samuel Gilbert

Glenhaven

Castle Hill

Oakhill Drive

Crestwood

Out of all the above schools, we preferred Castle Hill Public and Oakhill Drive although my son prefers Oakhill Drive. I spoke to a few people living in Castle Hill and they all seem to think that both schools are very good but that Castle Hill Public has a slightly better reputation although I felt that Oakhill Drive was a very warm and friendly school.

Winston Hills was very nice too but a bit further out from Castle Hill so we decided to stick with schools in Castle Hill as that is where we will be staying.

My son has just had his kindy orientation at Castle Hill Public and he is going to Oakhill Drive for the orientation tomorrow. Once he has done that, I will see how he feels and then make a decision on the school but I started this post because it would be nice to get other people's views on a comparison of the 2 schools.

Vanita

Glad you got there OK. Shame we're going to miss the official orientation days. Hope it all goes well for you. We may even end up at a Castle Hill school - we'll be staying there with my parents until our stuff arrives... but still not sure exactly where we'll live after that - could be BH, or CH... or Carlingford if my husband gets his way!

Anyway, good luck and maybe see you around Castle Hill! Jo

I have taught in most of these schools. By far, the best of them is Glenhaven. Samuel Gilbert would have to come in second and Oakhill Drive third - I would have been happy with my children in any of those. Castle Hill would be my next pick followed by Crestwood and Winston Hills. I guess it depends what you want from a school.

Hope that helps

Daphne