Has the building trade suffered in oz?

the hutchies

Our move to Oz is hopefully getting closer...we have someone very interested in renting our house...so if everything goes to plan we hope to get there May 09... the only concern my OH has now is... work... is the situation over there like it is here?

He is chippy BTW and we are going to Victoria

hope some one can put his mind at rest

Lisax

Guest brooksey

Im in brisbane but i think that building work is slowing down here but not as bad as uk. anyhow its better been unemployed in oz as its warm and sunny

Guest kazmatt

yes, definetely slowed down, half the job ads for plasterers than before, and i hear a lot of people on the sites starting to worry.

We moved over 6 wks ago on Skilled Independent Visas and hubby got a job as a chippy easily... (while in the process of getting licenses, etc). We're 2hrs inland from Brisbane, near Toowoomba and houses are sprouting up everywhere in this region ... it's really booming. You just drive around and there are LOADS of newbuilds going up so lots of work this area. Hope this helps.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Lisa

Tradies in Melbourne seem to be in high demand at the moment. We have a client who arrived last week and has already been offered two jobs one of which he is starting on Monday.

Archived