Any Taxi Drivers out there?

Guest dagsky

I was just thinking that perhaps when i move out to aussie to help with the bills initially i'll be a cabbie in melbourne. Are there any other fellow uk cabbies that currently drive in aussie? If there are i'd love to hear back from you!! From what i have seen they seem to have a similar system to ours, yellow cabs that can be flagged down and silver taxis that i think need to be booked and i think green top that can only work from 3pm-7am!

On another note with regards to changing over uk licence to vic licence, once they give you your licence does it have the original date that you passed your licence in uk or does it state the day you changed over your licence as the date your licence is valid??

eg i've held my licence for 8yrs now in uk so will my aussie licence also show i've held my licence for 8yrs?

Guest rossifan

HI

Your driving licence here will start from the day you passed your test here. Your UK one is only valid for approx six months(or used to be). Then you have to take your test no matter what. You have to pass a knowledge test first to enable you to get a provisional licence.

When I took my test 16yrs ago in Oz, the examiner asked me what I would do if I failed as I wouldN't be able to drive home from the RTA testing site(I'd gone alone). I passed thank goodness.

Bring evidence of your insurance no claims discount as they quite often will give you the same here starting out.

Hope this helps

HI

Your driving licence here will start from the day you passed your test here. Your UK one is only valid for approx six months(or used to be). Then you have to take your test no matter what. You have to pass a knowledge test first to enable you to get a provisional licence.

When I took my test 16yrs ago in Oz, the examiner asked me what I would do if I failed as I wouldN't be able to drive home from the RTA testing site(I'd gone alone). I passed thank goodness.

Bring evidence of your insurance no claims discount as they quite often will give you the same here starting out.

Hope this helps

In WA you just transfer your old uk license to the oz one no test or owt just hand over your dosh

Mally

Archived