Swimming Pools Open To The Public?

emmaj

Can anyone recommend a swimming pool, which is open to the public close to central Perth? Ive heard that there are pools at Freemantle and Claremont but I don’t know how to get to them once you get off the train – could someone give me some directions please or advise me of any other pools?

Many thanks

Emma

X

Hi, I can't help you with knowledge of a pool very near to central Perth. One we went to a few times was at Belmont, approx 8kms away from the centre of Perth. (About 10 mins drive away). It was a nice Leisure Centre with indoor pool for kids and outdoor pool along with the normal standard pool. It's called Belmont Oasis Leisure Centre and is located on Corner of Abernethy and Alexander Roads. www.belmontoasis.com.au/

Tracey

Guest prettyinpink

The local leisure centre pools round here are closed due to the gas crisis - might be worth checking the ones you are looking at are open before you make the trip. I'm not sure if it's a shire thing / or Perth-wide.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Westozzie

Beatty Park Leisure Centre located at 220 Vincent Street in North Perth. Beatty Park Leisure Centre re-opened in July 1994 and now comprises a 50 metre 8-lane outdoor heated pool, a 30 metre heated dive pool, a 25 metre heated indoor lap pool with adjoining water playground, water slides, heated dive pool, freeform pool, sauna, spa and steam room, gymnasium, aerobics room, circuit gym, retail shop, cafe, crèche, office space and a series of activity rooms. This would be the closest to the center of perth that I can think of.

There is also a good pool at Alexander Dr Inglewood (north of Perth). I personally wouldn't recommend Beatty Park - I live in the next suburb and our local paper had a front page story about them removing one floatie (if you get what I mean) each day...not nice !

The local leisure centre pools round here are closed due to the gas crisis - might be worth checking the ones you are looking at are open before you make the trip. I'm not sure if it's a shire thing / or Perth-wide.

They are allopen nor Arena joony has not shut , craigie leisure is open most are I believe

mally

Guest prettyinpink
They are allopen nor Arena joony has not shut , craigie leisure is open most are I believe

mally

Ah it must be a shire thing as ours is still shut. Thanks Yorkshirepom

I've not looked any further than our local one as my boys just use our pool. No floaties in that .......well, not yet :wideeyed:

I went to the pool in claremont in the end and it was really lovely. Ive posted some pictures on my profile if anyone wants to look.

They have a couple of pools and a lovely grassed area where you can sun bathe of and there is a b-b-q too :)

I will hopefully be going back on Wednesday if the weather forecast is correct :)

Emma

x

Ah it must be a shire thing as ours is still shut. Thanks Yorkshirepom

I've not looked any further than our local one as my boys just use our pool. No floaties in that .......well, not yet :wideeyed:

Hi

Leeming pool closed its doors on the 21st june at 12pm... (i know this fact as my son was supposed to have his swimming party there at 2pm on that day...lol.. what a nightmare it turned out to be... we ended up transfereing to melvile at a different time..) anyway, and yes it was because of the gas crisis.. and many others closed to... or had their heating turned down in the pool.

however, this is now blown over and all the pools are re-opened and back up to temp... leeming however has remained closed as they are going to do a total refit throughout the centre... the date keeps getting put back..but last time i heard it was to start in january...

its actually a lovely pool... one the uk folks back home would die for!!!... i was amazed they were going to change it...

if you want your little ones to have lessons...have you though of All Saints... its the private school in bull creek... its a really nice pool..

here is the web site: All Saints Swimming Club

Contact Val – val.rappold@allsaints.wa.edu.au or by phone on (08) 9313 9386.

2 of mine are squad swimmers there and the other one has lessons

min x:wubclub:

• 2 weeks later...

The closest to CBD is the pool at Westley College in South Perth. It is open to the public and just great. Mainly just for line swimming and not playing in. Two ways to get their

a. Take the fairy across to South Perth, catch the bus in lower end Mill Point (opposite the zoo) and get off a few block further

b. Take the bus from Transperth Termnal that runs past in Mill Point rd and it drops you on the corner.

The pool is located at the back.

Can anyone recommend a swimming pool, which is open to the public close to central Perth? Ive heard that there are pools at Freemantle and Claremont but I don’t know how to get to them once you get off the train – could someone give me some directions please or advise me of any other pools?

Many thanks

Emma

X

Arena Joondalup has a cracking Aqua centre; it's not near the city of Perth unfortunately but it is only a short stroll from the Joondalup train station.

Aquamotion is currently undergoing a total revamp in Wanneroo. that's not nearcentral Perth either ................... but it is on a direct bus route straight up Wanneroo Road and the bus does stop in Belgrade Road which is within walking distance to the Pool. Should imagine Aquamotion will reopen its doors within the next 3 months or so?

Arena Joondalup has a cracking Aqua centre; it's not near the city of Perth unfortunately but it is only a short stroll from the Joondalup train station.

Aquamotion is currently undergoing a total revamp in Wanneroo. that's not nearcentral Perth either ................... but it is on a direct bus route straight up Wanneroo Road and the bus does stop in Belgrade Road which is within walking distance to the Pool. Should imagine Aquamotion will reopen its doors within the next 3 months or so?

We made ourselves member of joony arena week after did city to surf run like a silly old fart and kaput knee not been able to go since but cracking pool

Mally

Archived