Looks Like The Dream Is Over

andywo21

HI all we started our visa process back in May 2008, we managed to find a sponsor for our 457 Visa. At the time the guys business was booming, but gues what the credit crunch has hit his business in Hoppers Crossing too. Now they have had to lay people off and they are unable to offer me any employment at this moment in time. When I spoke to them the other day and they do not know when they can offer me employment:no:

I just don't know where we stand now. Our medicals have been sent to Aus and the visa is nearly complete.

What did p*** me off was that when our sponsor spoke to our agent and explained the situation this is what he said and I quote " carry on with the application, the medicals are done, they can find a job with someone else" what an idiot, this guy is suppose to know the system, I can't work for anyone else but my sponsor.

Don't know what is going to happen now. I can't even find out what the prosses is after the visa has been granted. Life likes kicking me alright.

Sorry for moaning :realmad: but we are almost there and maybe it's come to the end

Hi Sorry to hear the bad news. Try to contact Gill (Golliwobler) She knows loads about visa and sponsors. I don't know but wonder if you can transfer your sponsorship or if the goverment will take it on???

Good luck with it and gope it gets sorted out quickly. DON'T GIVE UP HOPE

Best Wishes Sue XX

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Andy

Are you eligible for skilled independent migration now that you have completed your course and obtained the qualifications you were studying for?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest The Hoys hoping.........

Hi Andy,

Really feel for you....hope someone on here may be able to advise as to what your options are.

Hold on to your dreams, something even better may come out of all this!

Take care, keep your chin up :-)

Hi Andy

Are you eligible for skilled independent migration now that you have completed your course and obtained the qualifications you were studying for?

Best wishes

Gill

Hi there don't think I'm eligible for the skilled visa option as I don't have any experience at all, this is why I was going on a 457 temp Visa. I have only just managed to secure a job that I'm qualified for in the UK. So maybe in another 1-2 years I might be able to go down this road, we just wanted to go now as it has taken 2 years out of our lives already. I know I'm only 39 and still have 6 years before the cut off. I need to do this for my family now as my daughter is 15 this year and if she gets to 18 she will not want to come with us DOH!:skeptical:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Andy

You don't know what your daughter will want in two or three years' time, so don't worry about that for the moment. It is unlikely that she would choose not to go with you in the end.

Please see this list:

A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information

I know I have seen "CNC Something" floating about somewhere but since I haven't a clue what cnc setting/programming is, I cannot work out which of the above job titles it comes under. Please could you pick out the right one and paste the link for me?

You are only 39 now, which is no problem at all. You would need at least a year's post qualification experience, I think, for skilled independent migration.

Do you have any rellies in Oz? If so, where do they live and what relation are they to you, please?

The main thing at this stage is to work out whether you could scrape together enough points for a GSM visa in a year or so's time, I reckon, but I need a job-title "peg" to start off from in order to see how many points that would give you and at the moment, I'm stumped on this bit!

In the meantime, I know a lady whose husband is a cnc machinist. Originally they were going to go to Brisbane and he was going to be employed by BDS Recruitment. Apparently they are one of the biggest organisations in Oz for placing cnc people and since it includes machinists I assume it also includes cnc programmers/setters?

Recruitment + Employment Companies & Agencies - Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney

At the time (late 2006/early 2007) on-hire companies such as BDS were able to sponsor migrants themselves. That idea fell out of bed later in 2007 when the Government changed the legislation so as to prohibit on-hire agencies from sponsoring migrants directly. Nowadays, BDS would have to introduce the migrant to the employer but the employer would have to be the sponsor on the 457 visa.

That may have inspired BDS to pull out of further involvement with migrants but I don't know because one of their biggest clients is said to be Telstra, which is said to have an inexhaustible demand for migrants to do whatever Telstra need doing.

It might be worth contacting BDS and asking what the score is?

Another person it may be worth talking with is Richard Thomas of Workforce Solutions, who is in the UK:

Workforce Solutions UK Website

WFS were the first on-hire company to take advantage of last year's legislation change. On-hire companies can still sponsor migrants themselves provided that the on-hire company first enters into a Labour Agreement with the Aussie Government. Basically the company has to go through a very stringent vetting procedure before it is permitted to get involved with migrants, but the up-side of that is that WFS are already approved to hire migrants, so that if they nominate a migrant for a 457 visa then the only bit of processing that has to be done is the migrant's end of the 457 application process, which you already know about.

WFS are committed to upholding proper standards etc so they try to place the migrant with a company that will need the migrant for 12 months. The idea then is that the employer & migrant come to their own deal for the employer to sponsor the migrant for PR under the ENS or RSMS visas.

I've grilled Richard Thomas quite intensively and he stood up to the mauling from me! He convinced me that he is completely honest, a guy who would not rort (exploit) a migrant and that he runs a genuinely good show.

WFS's deal with the Govt is such that they can only offer 457 visas themselves and as a matter of company policy they will not consider a candidate who does not have - or cannot get - a positive skills assessment.

Workforce Solutions UK Website

Ring up and persist till you speak to Richard, I suggest. Remind him of Poms in Oz and send him Gollywobbler's best wishes or something. He is a member of Poms in Oz (workforce solutions) though he has largely abandoned the forums.

I have heard that WFS mainly recruit for the construction industry but that is purely anecdotal and could be rubbish.

Meanwhile somebody else told me that the Credo Group have also now entered into a WFS-type agreement with the Govt quite recently. However this is only anecdote again, so it could be rubbish. I don't know anything about Credo except that they exist, but their website is here:

Credo Group - home

Next, Mrs Sandy Coates runs Global TradeSearch, which is based in Adelaide but Sandy tells me that she has client companies all over Australia:

Global TradeSearch Recruitment - providing skilled trades people and professionals for the Australian workforce

Earlier this year Sandy was very excited because she said she had just landed the contract to supply the entire workforce for a new mining project. There is a uranium mine which is (I think) about to be built or is being built in SA and the plan is that it will go into production during 2009 I believe.

I've certainly heard of people finding employers both for 457 visas and RSMS visas via Sandy so again, I would suggest it would be worth contacting her.

Obviously beggars can't be choosers but do you have any preferences about where in Oz you would ideally like to head for?

Above all though, do not despair. I've known LOADS of people lose one, two or three sponsors but dogged persistence has paid off in the end.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived