Family of 5 heading for Caloundra

Guest Dave & Angie

Guest Dave & Angie

Hi there,

Just been accepted into Australia, received Visa's and looking at going to Queensland Sunshine Coast possibly Caloundra, next Aug 2009

Just wondering if there is any-one else in the same position as us or who have moved out there with a young family, who could give us some feedback, any advice schools etc.

With no family or friends out there what-so-ever its a bit scary!!

So any info at all you think we would need please do reply!

Thank u

Angie & Dave :spinny:

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi there!

Just wanted to say huge congrats on getting your visa!

We're possibly looking at heading to Brisbane next year too but we're not 100% sure yet...

Best of luck!

Dan x

Guest o2coffix001@optusnet.com.

Hi Angie @ Dave

We currently live in Melbourne but are relocating to Sunshine Coast on the 21st Jan. We are flying up tomorrow ( Sunday here) for a week to organise my son's school and we are looking at Mountain Creek, Buderim,or Mooloolabah. My cousin emigrated over 7 months ago and LOVES it up there.We have interviews at 3 different schools and also to look at rentals a friend of a friend owns 5 realestate agents up there. I will let you know how we get on next week. Amanda

Guest Sharon1

Hi,

our kids go to the Golden Beach State School and they've been there since Feb and have made loads of friends. There are other kids from the U.K. there as well. They've settled in really well and it feels like they have been there forever. It's about 5 minutes from Caloundra.

Sharon.

Guest Jordannnn!

Hi yeah ive been living here a year now but i go to kawana high im (15) but av a 6 yr ld lil brother i live in bellvista caloundra. its grate houses r lovly to :)

Hi Angie & Dave,

BIG congratulations on your Visa, you must be so excited...:jiggy:

There has just recently been another thread about Caloundra, by a family wanting to go about the same time as you, if I remember correctly? It has lots of lovely photos have been put on it too, to whet your appetite.

We are just starting the process, so have a little way to go yet, but we are in the same situation as yourselves, dont know anyone over there....Well apart from all the lovely people on PIO!

Enjoy the thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/queensland/46833-caloundra-anybody-ever-been.html

Kelly :smile:

Guest chris_mac

Hi

Caloundra! What do you want to know? Chris Mac 118118... Got your number! lol Seriously... I can help! Hit me... Family been there 4 years and know it inside and out..

General Electrician

Applied TRA Aug 07

TRA Retuned Oct (Skill path D removed)

Re-applied Vetassess 01.01.08

Vetassess Paper Assess Passed 10.04.08

House up for sale 28.03.08 sold 14.04.08 (3 weeks, crikey)

Vetassess Practical 15.07.08

Practical Passed 11.08.08

176 Visa Application submitted 11.09.08

DIAC Acknowledgement 24.09.08

Sent Police checks 27.08.08 - Recieved 06.09.08

Waiting C/O

Guest Working to fish

Hi we are in Caloundra and like the others have said if theres any thing you would like to know just post or pm . Am sure between us all we can answer most things.

eddie,tina:yes:

Hi there , we too are moving into the sunshine coast area in january. We will be looking for a rental property and would welcome any advice or contacts you have so that we end up in a good area . we are coming over pretty blind reallyand have no freinds or family in the area so any advice will be much appreciated

thanks

Nick and family

• 8 months later...
Guest rachoc

Hi Eddie, Tina, we are heading over in a week's time and are going to look around the Sunshine Coast, esp Caloundra, Bderi, Maroochydore. OUr daughter will be starting school and we would appreciate any info on good catholic primaries in the area if you know. Thanks a lot.

Archived