Vetassess Bricklaying Practical

Guest damo

Oh yes! I'm getting more and more p***ed as I write this! I had my bricklaying practical in London on Monday. Wasn't expecting any results for at least 3 weeks, as per all other posts. I just checked the Tradeassess site, logged on and I've only bloody passed! Oh my god! Now to start getting really nervous. Is it really happening????

Bit bewildered now.......looking forward to the mrs coming home from trick or treating. Any tips on how to lose the kids.........:Randy-git:

Damien

Oh yes! I'm getting more and more p***ed as I write this! I had my bricklaying practical in London on Monday. Wasn't expecting any results for at least 3 weeks, as per all other posts. I just checked the Tradeassess site, logged on and I've only bloody passed! Oh my god! Now to start getting really nervous. Is it really happening????

Bit bewildered now.......looking forward to the mrs coming home from trick or treating. Any tips on how to lose the kids.........:Randy-git:

Damien

well done for passing your test i did mine in july

as for the kids, aren't you taking them with you to oz :biglaugh:

Damien

alrite mate,congrats, i didnt have to do the test etc because i got my visa pre sept 07, the thing is my mate is just about to start the proccess, bit of rough info pls? is there a theory test? whats involved in the practical, how do you go about it all? if you can be arsed at the mo that is! anyway good luck

Hi all,

Will try to reply, sorry if typing is wrooooong! Hic!

Andy - I'll share a beer with you mate! Hope my info helped. Where you headed for, we're totally open to destinations at mo, poss Adelaide or Queensland.

I had to build a cavity wall, with a corner, raking cut and a 1 and 1/2 brick pier with corbelling and brick on edge. Pretty standard stuff, however the spec they give you is not what we do in UK, I told the assessor this and he said just build as per UK. He also said London stocks are crap and there's plenty of tolerance - he'd never seen such crap bricks! Beware there is a broken bond.

Theory q's took me about 20 mins. Most took about 45, but I only finished college last year so prob know more theory than practical! Assessor told me I answered more than the others, they still passed (bar one who was in the wrong skills assessment really - kitchen fitter!)

As for the kids, they are coming with me, now the mrs is a different story................. only joking Lisa honest!:Randy-git::policeman:

Hi Pablo and chesh, sounds like damo is on a winner! Did my practical yesterday 30th its pretty straight

forward but quite intense as everyone is nervous. The work is fairly easy as they give you a plan to work off which consisted of a cavity wall with a return and a raking cut and also a brick and a half pier with a corbel and capping which you get all day to do. Also they cart you all off individually to ask you questions

about all aspects of building trade, this lasts about twenty minutes, some of the questions are quite obscure like how you might lay glass blocks! A word of warning though they are very thorough when

it comes to checking your work and they expect a good quality of workmanship. Having said all that the whole day was not as hard as i expected. I hope this helps.

Andy

Guest loobykangaroo

:notworthy: CONGRATULATIONS :notworthy:

well done for passing !!!!! wooooo hoooo your nearly there.

My OH passed in july and the relief and celebrating is overwhelming.

Sarah, Daz, Ellie and Looby

!!!!! waiting now and trying to be patient !!!!!

Archived