You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Andy & Kelly

Poll: Would you move to a regional area on 457 to gain pr?

Would You Move to Regional Oz In Order to Gain PR?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Move to Regional Oz In Order to Gain PR?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Guest Mummy3

You can make a proper poll on here. At the bottom of a new thread :)

Bugger! Didn't know that.

Why do you need a poll of strangers who prob dont know a monkeys arse about regional oz and 457s to pr. You have to gather your own facts Try my own would you drink red wine or white wine its all a matter of personal preferance

M

Here at last:jiggy:

SUFC life not a pastime

I limit myself to 2 drinks a day, I`m now 10 years in front make that 15

Guest Gollywobbler

Yes?

No?

Maybe?

I am going to add a Poll to this new thread and then merge Andy's thread into it, I hope. With a bit of luck, it might work.

Cheers

Gill

I did a postcode search for someone the other day ,he had been given lots of postcodes for what he thought were 'out in the sticks'' areas ,even i was surprised, it included here and lots of places in the Gold Coast Hinterland ,definately not what id call remote places,,

so yes i would take that option if it was my only way of entry.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest Gollywobbler
I did a postcode search for someone the other day ,he had been given lots of postcodes for what he thought were 'out in the sticks'' areas ,even i was surprised, it included here and lots of places in the Gold Coast Hinterland ,definately not what id call remote places,,

so yes i would take that option if it was my only way of entry.

Cal x

Errrrm, no dear! Andy is grappling with a slightly bigger problem. He means Mount Isa and trust me, that is 1,000kms out into the serious, no-nonsense Outback. The nearest beach is a six hour drive. Brisbane is 1,800kms one way, Cairns 1,100kms the other way, and the nearest other town of any size looks to be a good 3 hour drive at least.

The good news is that apparently about 30,000 souls live in Mt Isa (a mining town according to the stuff I found via Google) plus there are 2 very large lakes not far away which are the alternative to a sea-beach, I gathered.

I've been to Waroona Dam in WA which is a lake. It is LOVELY in my view. I prefer it to the sea-beaches because there is lots of shade, lots of trees and the water feels cool and is fresh water. The sea-beaches in Perth can be blisteringly hot by comparison - so to me, over for a month at a time from the UK, Waroona doesn't feel like the ferocity of the sun beating down in the way that walking round Freo harbour or around the beaches does.

In Andy & Kelly's shoes, I'd do it. I'd go to Mt Isa and I've voted yes to the poll. I'd do it for the sheer adventure and I'd spend my spare time discovering the 'real Australia' because I'm sure one would find it up there. Also, it isn't a life sentence. They'd have PR within about 3 years so even after a decent period thereafter (plus lure another migrant locksmith up there to take over from Andy, so as not to leave the employer in the lurch) Andy & Kelly would be free to move on. With an adventure behind them to tell their grandchildren about.

Go for it!

Cheers

Gill

Yes Andy , Lifes an adventure, you don't have to live there forever!!!

TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!

I havent voted because I dont want to be here but if I did absolutely want to come here then rural and remote wouldnt faze me at all but that is because I know what it looks like. To a new migrant expecting sun surf sand it could potentially be a nightmare if they ended up somewhere inland.

If I was guaranteed a good secure job then damn right I would go for it. The only downsize about being out in the sticks is that if you didn't like the job or it didn't work out you would have to move miles to find another.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

ahh thats a bit different ,lol, thanks for pointing that out Gill.

Before we came Gary too was offered a job ,well paid but in the mines so pretty remote for a family. We sat and discussed what we were actually moving here for and decided the quality of life was more important to the money he could earn,if we didnt have kids ,maybe but with kids i didnt feel it was right for us.hence he turned the offer down. I guess it would depend on the individual as to the location ,if you dont want the beach or city life ,then look closer into it, as the others have said its not forever and the money can be great. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

I went with to Kallgoorlie last week 7 hour drive pretty warm 40 + in summer talkin to the mine lads gets 50+ on site, sorry Gill beg to differ Freo is no where near as hot esp with the old Fremantle doctor its a lot hotter in Kalamunda in the hills than on the coast and that is no where near inland as Tomo Price and Kal. The mine jobs are well paid if you can get one being tryin for ages but its graft in extreme temps thats why the pay is good

Mally from kally

Here at last:jiggy:

SUFC life not a pastime

I limit myself to 2 drinks a day, I`m now 10 years in front make that 15

I've been to Waroona Dam in WA which is a lake. It is LOVELY in my view. I prefer it to the sea-beaches because there is lots of shade, lots of trees and the water feels cool and is fresh water. The sea-beaches in Perth can be blisteringly hot by comparison - so to me, over for a month at a time from the UK, Waroona doesn't feel like the ferocity of the sun beating down in the way that walking round Freo harbour or around the beaches does.

Gill

As a teenager I worked on a farm in Waroona and visited the dam while it was under construction back in the sixties. I suspect the dam has fish also. Nice setting.

Guest vixpinkbabe

YES! Am doing this. Although going to Adelaide, not exactly remote ;) Wont be long before Adelaide is postcoded I reckon though xx