Bernie's update..Sold House, Getting Serious!

Guest bernie

Hello everyone, not been on here for ages! But after getting our visa in September we put the house on the market. We have just sold it after silly silly offers and people taking the mickey really. But we hung in there and stuck to our guns and we finally got what we wanted. It was so stressfull, didn't want to give the house away but ideally wanted to sell rather than rent. Fingers crossed it will go through.

Its been such a rollercoaster ride this year and often felt like giving up (mainly due to the added stress of the credit crunch). But people still need to move and my advice would be to keep up to date on right move at the competition and put the house up for a fair price. Also the estate agent always wants their christmas cheque so I would never trust them completely when they ask you to knock 30k off the asking price. We didn't tell them that we were moving to Aus either and I think that has helped. Also I had so many deadlines and dates I wanted to go and in the end I took them away (apart from the obvious visa deadline) and it made me alot more laid back about it all.

So the next step is when will we go? Hopeing for Jan but now there seems loads to do so I've asked my hubby to get me a PDA to try and be organised!!

I thought this time would never come and felt like giving up so many times but I have learnt that you will always come up against challenges BUT keep going!

Good luck to everyone still waiting and I promise to remember to send updates when I get to Aus! (Can't imagine going though).

Bernie :spinny:

Guest WARDStoOZ
Hello everyone, not been on here for ages! But after getting our visa in September we put the house on the market. We have just sold it after silly silly offers and people taking the mickey really. But we hung in there and stuck to our guns and we finally got what we wanted. It was so stressfull, didn't want to give the house away but ideally wanted to sell rather than rent. Fingers crossed it will go through.

Its been such a rollercoaster ride this year and often felt like giving up (mainly due to the added stress of the credit crunch). But people still need to move and my advice would be to keep up to date on right move at the competition and put the house up for a fair price. Also the estate agent always wants their christmas cheque so I would never trust them completely when they ask you to knock 30k off the asking price. We didn't tell them that we were moving to Aus either and I think that has helped. Also I had so many deadlines and dates I wanted to go and in the end I took them away (apart from the obvious visa deadline) and it made me alot more laid back about it all.

So the next step is when will we go? Hopeing for Jan but now there seems loads to do so I've asked my hubby to get me a PDA to try and be organised!!

I thought this time would never come and felt like giving up so many times but I have learnt that you will always come up against challenges BUT keep going!

Good luck to everyone still waiting and I promise to remember to send updates when I get to Aus! (Can't imagine going though).

Bernie :spinny:

Hi Bernie!

Great post!

Good luck with everything... fingers and toes crossed that the house sale won't fall through...

Dan x

Guest michelle in Havant

Hi Bernie

Thats great news!!!! I will keep my fingers crossed that the house sale goes through with no problems and that all your plans/move go smoothly!!!

Good luck!

michelle x

Guest SGKG102

Hi Bernie,

That is Fantastic news. You sold your house very quickly given the current climate. I must be doing something terribly wrong as I have been trying to sell since April and like you have only had silly silly offers. I am just waiting and willing for the day to come when I get an acceptable and realistic offer. I have had my Visa since June so time is running short. But what a great thread gives me the inspiration to keep going.

The very best of luck on the sale.

Regards

Karen :spinny:

Guest julie2g1b

well done on selling your house hope goes through quickly and smoothly for you, i know what you mean about giving up feel like that all the time. going on our rekki next sat so will enjoy that for 2 weeks then try to forget about house not selling

good luck with your new life in oz

julie :wubclub:

Congratulations on the sale of your house. Geoff did his practical with your hubby and wishes you both well. We also sold our house in July after 10 months on the market and also felt like giving up many times. We are now living in rented accom and are making the move to Perth 11th Jan.

The planning seems to be endless and I am sure there is loads I have forgotten to do but just can't wait now.

Good luck to you with your move and keep us updated.

Hi everyone, thanks for the messages. Got bad news though, looks like our buyer has lost theirs so looks like we've lost them! Was just thinking of sitting on that flight today, especially after standing at a firework doo last night and getting soaked through and freezing :sad:. Oh well it felt good for 3 days...guess I have to take my own advice now and stick at it. Thinking we may rent as I can only forsee silly offers, waste of timers, and people pulling out at the last minute perhaps. It's a tough call, as you all understand, taking the cash out would be ideal but we are not living in an ideal world at the moment so maybe have to go with the flow. Has anyone decided to give up selling and rent? Bernie.

Guest WARDStoOZ
Hi everyone, thanks for the messages. Got bad news though, looks like our buyer has lost theirs so looks like we've lost them! Was just thinking of sitting on that flight today, especially after standing at a firework doo last night and getting soaked through and freezing :sad:. Oh well it felt good for 3 days...guess I have to take my own advice now and stick at it. Thinking we may rent as I can only forsee silly offers, waste of timers, and people pulling out at the last minute perhaps. It's a tough call, as you all understand, taking the cash out would be ideal but we are not living in an ideal world at the moment so maybe have to go with the flow. Has anyone decided to give up selling and rent? Bernie.

Hi Bernie... sorry to hear that bad news... hopefully someone will come up with some advice for you now...

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!!!

Regards,

Dan xx

Ah that's nice thanks for the messages, thought everyone would have forgotten as I haven't been on here for ages!! I am just chilling about it all today and enjoying my kids and life as it is! It's defeats the object of us going if we start letting it all get to us. :)

Archived