In Need Of Advice!!

Guest david_robert_thomson

Guest david_robert_thomson

Hi Everyone!

Im 23, a recent business management graduate from university with work experience in admin, sales, and marketing.

I dont have quite enough points to get a skilled visa. About 20 off! What is my best option? I really want to migrate to OZ (brisbane or melbourne)

I have read about sponsorship from businesses before you go. Is there any way i can go out on a working visa and secure permanent work while im there that could allow me to stay in OZ for longer than the 12 months allowed on the working visa?

I am just desperate to get out there as the U.k just isnt for me in so many ways!

David.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi David

Slow down a little. You are imagining a 12 month Working Holiday Maker visa. That would get you out to Oz and it *might* lead to an employer taking enough of a shine to you to be willing to sponsor you for a 457 visa - it did for my sister but that was many years ago - indeed, before you were even a gleam in your father's eye!

It is a route that does work for some people, because the 457 visa can lead to PR on an employer nominated skilled visa after two or more years.

Not sure of all the ins & outs, but shout if you can't find the links by yourself.

Cheers

Gill

Archived