Coffee & Cake in Berwick Anyone?

Ses

Guest Vicky B

Can you give me more details about the meet up in December. We, as in my husband Gavin and sons James (15) and Ryan (11) would love to come along. We arrived 8 weeks ago from Rotherham currently living in Berwick but will be moving to Pakenham next year.

It will be good to see some friendly faces. Enjoying it here but do feel a little lonely at times.

Guest Vicky B

Glad to know that there are other people out there locally who feel the same as me.

Anytime you want a coffee would love to meet up.

Guest Vicky B

Hi Sarah

I've been here in Berwick 8 weeks now and feel the same. Let me know when you are meeting for coffee and I would love you join you.

Hi, we arrived in Melbourne only 4 weeks ago and are living in Pakenham, I would love to get together and meet new friends, so I'm definately up for coffee and especially cakes mmmmmmmm. Let me know when and where and I will be there, would be good to make some new friends.

Ruth x

Just for info about the shops etc. Someone mentioned Chadstone ("Chaddie" just to get you used to the lingo!)

is huge, lovely shops and just about anything you could want.

Also, there are two other shops I would mention which are not in the large shopping complexes (such as Chaddie or Doncaster Shoppingtown). One is a British butcher in Dandenong, and another is a shop called Treats from Home which I think is in Collins Street in the city. One other thing, perhaps if anyone is looking for new goods which are 'seconds' so to speak, you can always get onto graysonline.com.au which are auctioneers, and you can get some great stuff on there (things such as fridges which have dints in them, or marked/scratched items). Considerably cheaper. They also do all sorts of furniture, carpet, whitegoods etc. There are so many bargains at the moment around, especially cars I am told as on TV the other night they were saying all the dealers will be trying to get rid of unsold stock before xmas (Toyota, Ford etc) Lots of bargains at the moment in the house and land package estates, especially those eligible for the first home buyer's grant which has been doubled by the government.

cheers

Olly

Melbourne

Guest Vicky B
Hi there guys, have a few people interested in going for coffee and cake which is great! So now we need to arganise a date - any ideas?

Sarah

How about a Saturday morning? Not sure if others work full time like me but I would stuggle during the week:v_SPIN:

Guest *KAY TEE*

Hi, I can do after, say 14th Dec. We arrive late on 11th, and will probs need a few days to get some things sorted, oh yes and some sleeeeeeeep. Ang x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Have been here 2 weeks and 2 days. Staying in Berwick at the moment and will be moving into our rental property in the next week or so but would love to meet up for coffee and cake with some other folks!

Hope to see you all at the Cardinia Lake meet in a couple of weeks anyway.

Love Gill

• 5 months later...
Guest Jullana

Hi all

I ll be moving to berwick so soon ,we dont know anyone there and we would love to make friends,mum of 3 and need help with schools.

sherine

Hi there, loads of people have settled in Berwick but as this is a really old post you may get more response if you place a new one. I am in Cranbourne East, 10 mins from Berwick so feel free to keep in touch, but not too sure on the schooling around Berwick, the others will be able to advise you.

Trudy

Guest theturnerclan

Morning Sherine,

We fell on Berwick by chance and have now been here since early April and love it. As you have probably read from the other posters it is ideally situated for everything... although there are still tons of places we haven't got to yet. From what I've been told you can't go wrong with most of the schools in the Berwick area. Our 3 go to Berwick Chase which is a fairly new school and they all love it. We had thought about moving them once we had sorted jobs etc.. to a private school as we had been advised that it was the best way forward but to be honest they are settled now and I don't think they will thank us... their class sizes are smaller than the UK (they went to a small village school) so alls happy for now.

I'm probably not the best person to volounteer as there are others on here that have been here longer and will now more about the area but I'm here if you need to ask any specific questions.

cheers,

Shelley

Guest Jullana

so do you recommend the chase school for my daughter and what do you think of the Principal?

thx alot

Guest theturnerclan

I wasn't sure when we first went round, as they operate in open classroom / teaching areas and the classes are joint grades. I wouldn't think to move them now as they are really settled - which is one of the biggest hurdles when moving to a new country. Mr Geddes is out and about and knows all the children by name. He believed strongly that the school should be a 'community school' which I support. They went to a village school in the uk which had a real community feel - hopefully as the school develops the community aspect will too.

As I mentioned before there are a lot of good schools in and around Berwick. We went for the Chase as it was in walking distance, which was important as we only have one car at the mo, and also we had a few work issues with my OH job when we first came out so I didn't want to commit to sending all 3 to a fee paying school until everything was sorted.

It's just a case of research and more research...

hope this helps,

Shelley

The girls from the Britvics site are meeting on Monday for a book swap meet but its really for cake & coffee.

Monday 18th it is! 10.30 Moods Cafe, Wheeler Street Berwick.

I'm sure any newbies would be more than welcome. Just go along and ask for Kim from Britvics.

Archived