Roberts13

Do Stat declarations need to be certified copies?

Just a quick questions.

Finalising all the relevant paper work for the ARTC application and just wondering .......

Do Statuary Declarations that have been signed by a solicitor then need certifiying by a solicitor?

Or do we send the original statuary declartion with the application.

Thanks in advance

JO - Mummy of 4 & Wife to Garath - On a 457 since Oct 2008 - Garath Electrician - Applied for 856 - Nom & App (non DRC) submitted 18/05 (parramatta) Acknowledged 23/5 - Payment 01/06 - News of Case officer allocated 15/12 ...GRANTED 30/12

Hi

Always send originals and keep a copy for your own records, that is what we were advised by our solicitor two years ago and everything went ok. Hope this helps

Sarah

We did Statutory Declarations for our TRA skills assessment, and as you don't get your paperwork returned, we sent certified copies of them. (Luckily our friend is a Buidling Society manager so he signed the Stat Decs as witness, then stamped & certified some copies for us).Coz you'll also need to provide them as part of your VISA application. We scanned in the originals and emailed them as part of our online VISA app.

Hope that helps?

Kath

VISA 175 granted 29.10.08. Moved July 2009. Loving QLD sunshine!

Ok, heres a question

Just been to the solicitor (luckily one of my customers with work is a solicitors and they are signing/certifying for me) and on signing the stat dec he asked why I need it photo copying and certifying when he has just signed and stamped it. Asked cant I just photo copy the signed stat dec and as it has signature and stamp on send that?

Now i'mconfused - what he's saying makes sense as he's signing stat dec to photo copy and sign and stamp it again exactly the same as doing it all at once??

Will ARTC accept a photo copy of a signed and stamped stat dec without an extra signature and stamp on the photo copy? will they just accept an original as it might be easier to just get him to sign a few originals???

Thanks in advance

JO - Mummy of 4 & Wife to Garath - On a 457 since Oct 2008 - Garath Electrician - Applied for 856 - Nom & App (non DRC) submitted 18/05 (parramatta) Acknowledged 23/5 - Payment 01/06 - News of Case officer allocated 15/12 ...GRANTED 30/12

Now you're asking - I think you could just get a few originals signed and use them. Our first Stat Dec was signed by our Building Society friend (it only needed signature & designation/address), then certified & stamped as true copy by a colleague in the Bank I used to work for

Kath

VISA 175 granted 29.10.08. Moved July 2009. Loving QLD sunshine!

Guest madplumber1

Hi

Here's an example of a stat dec for a tradesman for Vetassess, if sending this off to Vetassess or the DIAC then a certyfied copy will have to be sent in case the original doc gets lost/stolen. A solicitor will charge around £10-15 for this. Hopes this helps, good luck.

madplumber

Example of a Statutory Declaration:

(if company/employer you worked for has closed down or are un-contactable)

In the event of the company/employer you trained with having closed down or being un-contactable, you will be able to reference this employment in the form of a Statutory Declaration:

I

(full name) of (address and post code and country and Job Title) do solemnly declare as follows:

I was employed by ABC Bricklayers from 01/01/1995 (always DD/MM/YY) to 01/01/2001

I was taken on as an apprentice Bricklayer and over the following years I gained a vast amount of experience in the Bricklayer field.

I completed a five year apprenticeship, during which time I gained training and knowledge both at technical College on one day

release, and on site from the experienced Bricklayer with whom I was placed.

In 1995, I began the first year of my apprenticeship on a basic starting salary of £15,000 per year.

During this time, I was taught a variety of skills to enable me to gain a firm grasp of the trade by a qualified Bricklayer. Below is a list

and explanation of the itinerary which I followed during my first year of training.

REFER TO YOUR DESIGNATED COMPETENCIES AND ASCO CODE

– explain all duties taught in the first year, how they were taught and who they were taught by. Also include details of any

Tools you were taught to use and any major projects you worked on as examples.

After mastering the first year of training, I progressed to being shown more complicated skills by a qualified Bricklayer. In

accordance with my developing skills, I was rewarded with a pay increase of £16,000 per year.

Continue referencing your training in this manner, referring to the guidelines of the training reference on pages 3 to 5 of

this document.

I do solemnly declare that all the information provided is complete and correct in every detail. I make this solemn declaration by

virtue of the Statutory Declaration Act 1835 and subject to penalties provided by that Act for the making of false statements in

statutory declarations, conscientiously believing the statements contained in this declaration to be true on every particular.

Signed:

<your name here>

Contact details:

Declared at: Date:

Signature and Contact Details of person before whom the declaration is made:

(Judge, solicitor, JP, Commissioner of Oaths, Notary Public)

Stamp of Witness: