carpenter october test

Guest lilly mist

Guest Natty T
OH passed his Carpenter assessment! :cool:

Hi Grainne, thats fantastic news well done to your OH, now its a longish wait but another hurdle out the way.

:jiggy:Natalie xx

Guest colinharra

congratulations grainne. the result has came through pretty quick he only done it last week didn't he? only done mine on monday so should probably find out next week sometime

• 3 weeks later...
Guest scouse Alan

Cant help but laugh when I read what you lads are having to do to pass a carpentry test, esp doing a roof in the back garden because when you get here all roof trusses are pre-made frame come premade not all the time but mostly, It is a lot differant carpentry here well in qld then in uk you are the main man on site, I hear its a lot differant in western Aus, brickies here in qld follow your frame in 90% of cases as for the brickie it just veneers a monkey can do it. Alan

• 1 year later...
Guest johnbaguio
Hi all I did test last April in accrington was very nervous but soon got into the swing of things I think what you have to do is show you are confident in using hand and power tools

About the hip roof I don;t really think they are really interested in the finished artical as I didn't quite finish mine and they didnn't even take any measurement of the height or pitch just had a quick glance to see if it was all semetrical

They seemed more interested in how you went about seting it out and using a template rafter to be honest I think you Just have to show that you know what you are doing and doing with confidence

I also made a mistake in making the saw horse but all the assessor said was that you won't see it in a photo( they take photos of all your work with you in the picture and your name on your work) so really I think they are looking for confidence more than quallity

The best thing I found was to Buy the book The roofing ready reconer and practice with some old 3x2 in the back garden I had't done roofing for years but once you get into the swing of things it all starts coming back

Any Questions don't hesitate to ask because I went through the same thing and I got help with other lads on here

Best of look

Gazza

Hi Gazza,

I'm a newbie carpenter and just had a few time on wood working and your info is giving me confidence this meaning they would love you to pass.I hope they do the same thing here in the Philippines when I take the practical exam. How about the questions?Can you share some of the scope so I can have an advance reading and practice to it. Thank you!

johnbaguio

• 6 months later...
Guest BenGreenwood

hey, i have'nt really used this site before but your post regarding the practical vetassess assessment has been a big help. If you could give me any tips with the roof please. If there is a drawing i think ill be fine, but any advice would be a big help.

Cheers

Archived