Visa Validation?

Guest Ian&Lou

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who has already replied to our previous posts, your help is amazing and very gratefully received!

Another question has popped up in our house since hearing from some of you that you received your visa's within 7 months of starting the process. My husband is applying for an independant skilled visa and we are hoping to head for either Townsville or Brisbane and we have booked a fact finding trip for September.

If my husband is successful and we recieve our vis'a before we go we can get ours validated on our visit - which would be fantastic, however we also have a 6 year old son who isn't coming with us for the trip. Would he have a visa that needed validating also (as he has his own passport), or would it just be my husbands that needs doing?

We are at the very early stages (just sent my husbands CV to our agent so he can start the ball rolling on on his TRA application). It's all very exciting!

Lou :D

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Ian & Lou

Yes, if you have your visa by then, there is no reason why your September trip shouldn't double as a validation triip too.

However, there is a minor potential catch. When the visa is granted, you are notified in a letter. It says as follows:

The initial entry to Australia by all persons granted a visa on this application must be made by dd/mm/yyyy. I've put it in bold because their letter does. They are very strict about this.

The date is usually a calendar year less one day calculated from the date of the earlier of the police checks or the meds.

Therefore whatever the initial entry date for you turns out to be, your son absolutely MUST enter Australia by no later than it says. If he doesn't, they could cancel his visa and you could end up having to apply for a child visa for him.

See how things go, I suggest, but please bear this in mind.

Good luck with your application. Hopefully it will be both smooth & swift.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Ian&Lou

Thank you Gill.

I thought that would be the case, we were just a bit unsure. I cant see it being a problem as we are already putting everything in motion to move sooner rather than later, so should be able to get over there with our son in plenty of time for the visa.

Once again thanks, everyone is so helpful on this site, it's been a God send already!

Lou :D

Hi Lou!

We are in a similar boat.

Like you we've just started the process and have booked our flights to go on a fact finding trip the end of August, also not taking our daughter (feel guilty but will get more research done).

We originally thought the visa process would take 12-18 months but the more I read peoples posts the more I'm beginning to wonder that it may be sooner!

Thanks for your post the replies have answered some of our questions too!

Jo x

Archived