OMG!!! Job interview

PommyPaul

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Herbster and angie :)...I'm going to stick with this until at least early next year, but i will be keeping my eye out all the time for something else....Trouble is with me is all my boat experience is on the job, i've no qualifications (i passed tra before the new rules came in) and i mainly worked on boats with inboard diesel engines and hydraulic drive which definately isn't common place over here...also i've been out of the welding fabrication trade for over 11 years...

This job is actually alright tbh (touch wood) its actually quite nice to get in the car at the end of the day and feel totally and utterly exhausted, all your muscles aching... my body's going to love me for it lol

Really Pleased Paul: :yes: I'm sure this will work out for you; as you say you'll build your strength back up, make some friends & that will empower you! Don't be so hard on yourself so far as your talents go - the thing is ask yourself, if someone asked you to fix that inboard - diagnostics & repair - could you do it? They still have old fishing boats here, boats, cabin cruisers & yachts in all shapes, sizes & ages - & I don't know what all they are, but I would have thought there's enough variety crossing the years that there would be a niche for a guy like you - plus with the guts to want to learn & acquire new skills... You have EXPERIENCE (time was that was EQUAL to any qualification & still is in my book & a lot of employers here, too...) lots of other peeps looking for jobs won't have acquired all your knowledge, no matter where they went to school... A BIG + for you, & from what I hear on the street, there's many people walking around with fancy bits of paper which will never be worth much & was a sad waste of good foliage & nesting sites for small helpless arboreal creatures!! (Including small black bears!) Or even some big ones - like the wedge tailed eagle that lives around here - he's missing a good nesting site!

All the best - you deserve it, & I HAVE to believe, as so MUST YOU, that good things DO happen to good peeps - Imagine where you want to be this time next year, & go for it! Anyway - you're half way here as you're in OZ (which was part of your plan...) - Good on ya.... :notworthy: UR a STAR!

X:)

Archived