North Brissie Meet Up

After the success of the last meet up, (for new PIO members look at Mart & Lorraine's thread "Friends Needed URGENTLY"), I agreed to arrange the next one, mainly as I felt guilty 'cos my little boy ate most of Lorraine's chocolate biscuits and was also a bit of terror on the playpark!

Thanks to everyone that pitched up, it was a great day and a good way to meet lots of people in the same situation. I just never got the chance to really chat to everyone as much as I would have liked so lets get the 2nd event planned asap!

Is Sunday 9th Nov ok for everyone? That gives you a couple of weeks to re-arrange all your busy social calendars if need be, and is 6 weeks since the last one.

Venue wise, is everyone happy with the same park but this time we'll meet up at the lower level park that was nearer the toliets ...and the BBQ's that worked!! Anna & Jimmy - thinking of you here!

I'm happy to look at other options but can somone give me suggestions as I can't think of anywhere else that is central for everyone & has ample parking as that park did, with all the other amenities too. Maybe as that lower level park looked busier, we may need to kick off earlier, as we won't get the seats/tables otherwise, so I'd say no later than 11am.

Let me know your thoughts and if you are interested in joining us.

All are welcome, the more the merrier I say, and for those of you that came last time, I hopefully look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Sharon

Guest lindag70

Hi Shazzi...sounds like the first meet up went well!! When we arrive we'll join the clan too. Sounds like you're gettin into the swing of things up there?? Husband got the job offer, so the move is on...yippee sunshine here I come :-)

Guest KirstenS16

Hi,

Finally trawled through the other forum to find out which park you guys were talking about. Where is 7th Brigade Park? Which suburb?

Is the meet still going ahead?

Cheers,

Kirsten

Guest KatieC75

Hi Shazzi,

Thanks for your message. We are hoping to attend the bbq meet up on the 9th, just have something to do in the morning for my little girl, should be there about 12.

Look forward to meeting everyone then!

Katie & Nick, Rose & Lani

Hi - yes tried to send you a pm on Saturday night but it said your logon did not accept PM's? Never seen that before. Anyway as Bruce has said the park is in Chermside, easy to see from the road.

I have also PM'd everyone else that had their details attached to Mart's last post and asked them to post on this one to say whether they are coming or not...I know of another 3 couples that are coming but have not put anything on here, so I will check again on Weds/Thurs night and see what the response is like then.

We will still be going regardless ,but I forgot Paul is playing in a golf tournament that morning so we won't be able to get there till about 12.30ish.

Sharon

Guest KirstenS16

Thanks Shazzi - I have checked my settings and corrected (I'm very green at this - lol). At least I can bin my paranoia now - heheheh!

We'll be there on Sunday, but knowing us if we aim to be there at 11am, we won't get there until 12pm anyway (ahhh, the joys of small children - lol).

So, the bottom part of the park - is that the part with the kidspace playground??

Thanks,

Kirsten xxx

yes its the kidsspace (or whatever its called) park at the bottom, near the car park and the toilets - see you on Sunday, I'm sure if its like last time you'll just hear lots of other British voices and need to take pot luck and hope they are there for the PIO meet up!

Hey, Me, hubby & baby boy are hoping to make the meet at the weekend, we have been in Brisbane 2 years now and LOVE it (but I am not enjoying this rain - come back blue skies)

Esther

Guest aikijaz

Hi Sharon

Thanks for your message. Look forward to meeting everyone on sun 9th. Can get there for 12.30pm.

See you there

Sam, Jason Ryan, Billie, Charlotte & Brandon

Guest lisa&matt
After the success of the last meet up, (for new PIO members look at Mart & Lorraine's thread "Friends Needed URGENTLY"), I agreed to arrange the next one, mainly as I felt guilty 'cos my little boy ate most of Lorraine's chocolate biscuits and was also a bit of terror on the playpark!

Thanks to everyone that pitched up, it was a great day and a good way to meet lots of people in the same situation. I just never got the chance to really chat to everyone as much as I would have liked so lets get the 2nd event planned asap!

Is Sunday 9th Nov ok for everyone? That gives you a couple of weeks to re-arrange all your busy social calendars if need be, and is 6 weeks since the last one.

Venue wise, is everyone happy with the same park but this time we'll meet up at the lower level park that was nearer the toliets ...and the BBQ's that worked!! Anna & Jimmy - thinking of you here!

I'm happy to look at other options but can somone give me suggestions as I can't think of anywhere else that is central for everyone & has ample parking as that park did, with all the other amenities too. Maybe as that lower level park looked busier, we may need to kick off earlier, as we won't get the seats/tables otherwise, so I'd say no later than 11am.

Let me know your thoughts and if you are interested in joining us.

All are welcome, the more the merrier I say, and for those of you that came last time, I hopefully look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Sharon

Hi Guys, we are new to Brisbane and are in desperate need of some friends. I am working till 3.30 would that be too late to come along?

Thanks Lisa

Guest lisa&matt

Hi Sharon, i am working on sunday till 3.30, would this be too late? we are new to Brisbane and in desperate need for friends.

Thanks Lisa

Hi Lisa/Matt - I think last time we were there till about 4.30pm last time so you may get the last hour/half if you arrive at 3.30pm

MrsJJM - we all just take our own stuff, last time we took BBQ stuff and there was only a couple working so this time I am going on the safe side and taking sandwiches!

Looking forward to seeing you all

x

So it looks like it will be another good turn out...15 or so families, so at least 30 + adults to talk to with their respective kids, looks like the poms will be taking over the park again!!

Bruce7

KirstenS16

Matt & Lorraine

KatieC75

Wendy

Richard & Carole

Esther

Tahe49

Aikijaz

Lisa & Matt

MrsJJM

JulesBaz

Lianne & Paul

Ross-Lavendar

and us

Only negative is the weather forecast is not great just now and it's currently saying it may rain on Sunday. I know these things change on a daily basis but we may have to "rain-check" if it is peeing it down as much as it is here tonight. I know being from the UK we are all more than used to the rain but I don't think we would all fit huddled under those covered bench areas!

Carole has just pm'd with a good question...Just wanted to say that if the weather is not up to much should we have another venue?? Can anyone think of somewhere indoor that is suitable for people with little kids - is there a large bar in that area that has a play area too? The weather was lovely today and the forecast has changed already from yesterday ,as it is now saying it will still be a rainy day on Saturday but will be ok on Sunday, just a grey day.

Lets hope it's lovely and sunny and goes to plan but if anyone has ideas for an indoor venue then we wouldn't have to cancel it if it does rain.

Hi Guy's

I will try to make it to this one, couldn't make the last one as Mr C had something else on.

Look forward to meeting you all though!

April

Archived