how long after medicals???

johnd

my wife and i have been told to go for our medicals, we already have our police certs. our medical is in 3 weeks. how long roughly after that is your visa granted??.

we are on a skilled independent application(applied 24th june 2006, did not need to apply to tra as i have an aussie trade cert from time spent there in the early ninties). i have read the link on the austimeline?(spelling), but most people on that have sent off there meds and police cert before it was requested. as we did not do that i'm just after a rough guide to how long we can expect to wait, surley there must be others out there who waited until they where told to go for the meds?.

also is it true that if you don't land in oz after july 1st 2007, then you have to live there for 3 out of 4 years to apply for citizenship, instead of the current 2, we where hoping to make that deadline if that is the case.

any info would be good.

john d .

Guest donovan
my wife and i have been told to go for our medicals, we already have our police certs. our medical is in 3 weeks. how long roughly after that is your visa granted??.

we are on a skilled independent application(applied 24th june 2006, did not need to apply to tra as i have an aussie trade cert from time spent there in the early ninties). i have read the link on the austimeline?(spelling), but most people on that have sent off there meds and police cert before it was requested. as we did not do that i'm just after a rough guide to how long we can expect to wait, surley there must be others out there who waited until they where told to go for the meds?.

also is it true that if you don't land in oz after july 1st 2007, then you have to live there for 3 out of 4 years to apply for citizenship, instead of the current 2, we where hoping to make that deadline if that is the case.

any info would be good.

john d .

Hiya John

We sent our meds to Oz in January (3 weeks ago this Friday) I spoke to our agent yesterday and she said we should hear in about 6/8 weeks (136 skilled independent) as far as I can gather your visa's are sat waiting for you pending on your meds (correct me if i am wrong anyone) but I think this is how it works.

Hope this helpe and good luck

Sarah x

We have been asking the same question our medicals and police checks have been there since jan 4th and we have not heqard a jot it horrible as we are ready to go and homeless and jobless,, arggggghhhhhhhhh trouble is every day seems like a week

Archived