and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Naiad

Immigration agents

Guest Naiad

Just wondering about everyone's thoughts on immigration agents?

What are your experiences with agents?

Did you use one?

Was it worth it?

Does anyone have any idea on the costs involved with using an agent?

Does it make a difference to whether you're successful or to the time taken to get through the process?

Any comments or opinions much appreciated.

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Hi there

If you would have asked a week ago I would have said yes now I am a little disheartened with mine.

I employed them in August 2004 Got a positive skills assessment Sept. 2005!

I have just been informed that they will not be putting forward my visa application probably until July next year as I work part time since returning to work after the birth of my son. You have to work a minimum of 20 hrs a week I only work 16 at present, in the process of increasing this but I discussed this topic with them in April when a friend had the same issue with his visa application. I am just a little frustrated at present as I have wasted 6 months and now it may be another 2 years or more before I can migrate!!

Check them out carefully ask to speak to past clients and keep on at them they are payed to work for you.

Good luck with you chosen path

SCoop

Guest mickroo

Hi Scoop

Thats really poor of your agent not to ask you of your circumstances in connection with work etc. I'd ask for a refund if I was you.

PS who are you using?

Regards

Mick

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Cerberus1
        According to a recent Australian Population Research Institute survey, three quarters of Australians believe the country doesn't need any more people while 54% want a reduction in the annual migrant intake.
        The organisation's researchers, Katharine Betts and Bob Birrell, say the result shows a disconnect between the political elites' commitment to high immigration policies and the concerns of voters.
        In their analysis, they said the results are driven by the impact of population growth on people's quality of life.
        Australia's population increased by 389,000 people to 24.5 million in the year to March, largely due to the arrival of new immigrants.
        Most people who migrate to Australia are skilled workers (68%) and about a third make the move to be with family.
        But 74% of those surveyed believe Australia is "already full", with most pointing to roads congestion, hospitals capacity, affordable housing and fewer jobs as evidence.
        Mr Birrell said "population pressures" significantly contributed to this result. 
        "For most Australian voters, the problems associated with Australia’s very high population growth, which is higher than other developed countries are now starting to bite," he said. 
        "We’re seeing that in our survey that most respondents thought that population pressures were adding  to difficulties of urban congestion, housing affordability, job competing and the like. It's hardly surprising that 74% of them would respond by saying Australia doesn’t need more people."
        Immigration minister Peter Dutton reacted cautiously to the survey results on Thursday, stating that the government was "always looking at the migration numbers" to get the balance right. 
        "In the Labor years the number peaked at about 305,900 in one year which was an enormous number, we've got that number down now below 190,000 and as I say, we’re happy to reassess."
        He said new migrants were drawn to the big population centres where pressure on housing and infrastructure was most often felt, however, "In some regional towns they’re crying out for people because they can’t get workers in the meatworks or areas of primary production, tourism, restaurants and so on. So we need to get that balance right."
        The institute commissioned the survey from July 31 to August 17 this year, where a random national sample of 2067 voters, drawn from an online panel of 300,000 people, were asked questions about Australia's immigration and population policies.
      • By SJB123
        We moved to Australia from the UK last December on a 457 visa with my husband as primary applicant. We had planned on applying for permanent residency after 2 years cos hubby has a permanent job contract here. Then after 4 months the immigration rules changed and it seems that on paper we are no longer eligible for PR due to my husbands age. Please tell us there is some kind of grandfathering or exemption rule for people in our situation??   We have started a petition to hopefully get our case looked at and I would be really really grateful if you could have a look at it and sign it if you can, also if you could forward it to family, friends, neighbours, anyone you can think of to sign too. Go to  
        Thank you in advance 
      • By UKFrann
        Hi all,
        I have just left Australia after doing an exchange program from my home University in the UK for one year on a Student-Working visa. 
        I have a question regarding Superannuation (DASP). I am completely at grips with the ATO and Tax return (already claimed this for the year 2016/17) and that I am entitled to claim my Superannuation back via the DASP online system.
        My question (and I am unsure as to whether this is a myth or not) is whether would claiming my Superannuation for the past year affect any future chances of myself re-entering Australia with the intention of living there permanently one day on a different visa and starting to earn Superannuation again?
        I understand this is perhaps quite vague but my bottom-line question is if I claim back my Super now, will I be able to apply for a Working visa in the future and be able to extend this eventually to permanent residency/citizenship and start a new superannuation fund?
        Any help would be greatly appreciated! 
      • By 420dream
        Hi there, long story short i have been looking for child care agency in NSW area that could help to find a job and assisting in visa application for RSMS but if there is any good agency located outside of NSW i am more than happy to travel to the office. I would like to ask for help to recommend any child care agency that could help me in my situation, any information would be helpful and i would like to say thanks in advance. Thanks.

Regards,

Alexander
      • By sexypizza
        Hey guys, 
        let me just say right off  the bat that my own country is shit (I'm in the middle east) Its really depressing here and I simply cannot tolerate to live here anymore. Its simply not a good life and I simply cannot waste anymore time living here anymore. One way or the other I am leaving and going to live somewhere else. I have a lot of money saved up and I'm planning to leave as soon as I can which is when I get a student visa.
        I would  really like to immigrate to Australia because I studied there before for a bachelor of literature for 5 years on a scholarship. Now that I have money saved up I'm planning to come back again study at a TAFE school. 
        My plan is to become an "Automotive Electrician" which is on the (MLTSSL) list
        Here is my plan:
        1- I will Study an Automotive Electrician course (certificate 3, 4 and diploma) at a TAFE for 2 years. 
        2- once I'm done I will apply for a graduate Visa.
        3- On the graduate Visa I will need to find a job as an Automotive Electrician. 
        4- Once I find a job I will apply for the "Job ready program".
        5- If I obtain a positive skill assessment during the program I will then apply for RSMS, State or Independent Skilled Permanent Work Visa.

Now my question are:
        Has anyone been on this path before? is TAFE a common path to immigration?
        What are my chances at getting a PR if I go through this process? do a lot of fail at getting a PR?
        basically is this a good plan to follow?
        Thanks.