Medicals on Thursday!!

Guest asrais

I'm so and worried they're gonna find something wrong with me that I didn't know about :wacko:.

I'm filling out the 26eh form at the moment, and I'm wondering if I should put down that I suffer from minor shoulder pain? Its never been treated by a doctor, because it doesn't cause me much hassle, so it's not on any medical records.

Also, my OH once had to have stitches for a cut on his head, does he have to put that down, or is it only major injuries?

Thanks

Sarah

Guest deb31deb

I also have my medicals on friday and i to am feeling nervous. suddenly i have a headache im sure its from stress but im worrying if something is wrong silly i know i think it is normal to feel like this just dont want anything to spoil plans at last minute.

Guest michelle in Havant

Hi Sarah

We had our meds done in September and I was really worried, but the dr was really nice!! all he did was weigh and measure us, check our reflexes, take bloods for the HIV test etc and for the eye test we just had to read from the chart like you do when you are at the opticans!!! He also looked through the forms and asked us a few questions. It was really painless.

If you havent seen a dr about your shoulder pain I wouldnt bother to put it on the form. I would put that your oh had stitches (it wont affect you passing the medical!), as its best to put everything on there just incase they check, we did.

Good luck with the form filling, its a nightmare isnt it you feel like you are answering the same questions over and over again on every form you fill in!!!!!

michelle x

im on friday as well, had the x ray last week so not worried abotu that anymore. am feeling fat and heavy tho, hope they dont go over board with the BMI etc. dh hasnt even got a job offer yet, but as we are trying for a baby i wanted to get the medical ( and xray mainly) done so i can go ahead and get up the duff again

Thanks guys!

I'm so nervous about it! I feel like I should be running around the house panicing!

I'm a bit worried about my weight too, I'm about 2-3 stone over weight, according to the BMI scale - though I don't look that overweight!

My logical self knows that I'm fairly healthy and that chances are I'll have no problems, but the part of me that has spent so many years working towards getting a visa reckons I have every disease on the planet!

Oh the stress...

Hi Sarah

We had our meds done in September and I was really worried, but the dr was really nice!! all he did was weigh and measure us, check our reflexes, take bloods for the HIV test etc and for the eye test we just had to read from the chart like you do when you are at the opticans!!! He also looked through the forms and asked us a few questions. It was really painless.

If you havent seen a dr about your shoulder pain I wouldnt bother to put it on the form. I would put that your oh had stitches (it wont affect you passing the medical!), as its best to put everything on there just incase they check, we did.

Good luck with the form filling, its a nightmare isnt it you feel like you are answering the same questions over and over again on every form you fill in!!!!!

michelle x

I see you had an eye test. Wearing contacts are okay, aren't they What else do you get asked?

Guest michelle in Havant

Contacts are fine, you just have to tell them you are wearing them and if you have glasses you have to take them with you. They ask if the childrens vacinations are up to date, I took the red personal child health record books with me as proof. They also had a feel of our stomachs. Apart from that they didnt ask us anything. It turned out to be quite simple, I dont know why I was so stressesd about it beforehand!!!! Hope this is a help!

michelle x

Contacts are fine, you just have to tell them you are wearing them and if you have glasses you have to take them with you. They ask if the childrens vacinations are up to date, I took the red personal child health record books with me as proof. They also had a feel of our stomachs. Apart from that they didnt ask us anything. It turned out to be quite simple, I dont know why I was so stressesd about it beforehand!!!! Hope this is a help!

michelle x

Do they ask about any past operations? I've had 3 c-sections. Hopefully that won't bother them. Also my daughter has UTI problems :(

Guest michelle in Havant
Do they ask about any past operations? I've had 3 c-sections. Hopefully that won't bother them. Also my daughter has UTI problems :(

When you fill out the forms to take to the dr with you, you have to state any operations that you have had even childhood ones, or recent drs visits which you have received/are receiving treatment for. The c-sections wont be a problem, I had various pregnancy complications etc with my pregnancies which required me to stay in hospital before and after birth, and it wasn't a problem. My oh broke his hand and had a metal plate fitted in it which still causes him problems and my 3 year old has a slight heart murmur, and they didnt seem to worry about any of these things so I am sure you will be fine.

michelle x:wubclub:

Guest Tracy Murphy

We have our meds booked for Friday too. AND GUESS WHAT!!!! My 1 year old daughter fell over yesterday and now has a black eye and earlier this evening my 4 year old son fell over and smacked his mouth on my daughters baby bop and go toy....cut his mouth!!!! Social services visiting next week I reckon...dreams of OZ...totally stuffed as we shall now fail police checks!!!!

Bad luck comes in 3s...hope nothing serious happens....arghhhhhhhhhh!!!

Good luck everyone with your meds.

Tracy xxx

We have our meds booked for Friday too. AND GUESS WHAT!!!! My 1 year old daughter fell over yesterday and now has a black eye and earlier this evening my 4 year old son fell over and smacked his mouth on my daughters baby bop and go toy....cut his mouth!!!! Social services visiting next week I reckon...dreams of OZ...totally stuffed as we shall now fail police checks!!!!

Bad luck comes in 3s...hope nothing serious happens....arghhhhhhhhhh!!!

Good luck everyone with your meds.

Tracy xxx

Yikes!!!! Hope they're okay now. Kids can be really clumsy, can't they? :arghh:

Hi, can anyone give me an idea of what you paid for your medicals and if anyone used any in the north of england. Have rang a few places and the prices are so different at the moment it's going to cost us £320 for one adult, cheapest was £235 but we can't get an appointment for 2 months, thanks

It's costing us €600 euro for both of us, sorry I don't know what that is is pounds.

Is it nessecary to put in thing that only required GP visits? For instance a mild kidney infection? The OH had a minor heart murmer when he was a baby, does he have to mention that?

Guest michelle in Havant
Hi, can anyone give me an idea of what you paid for your medicals and if anyone used any in the north of england. Have rang a few places and the prices are so different at the moment it's going to cost us £320 for one adult, cheapest was £235 but we can't get an appointment for 2 months, thanks

Hi

We paid £145.00 each for the medical and £75.00 each for the xray. Two months seems a long time to wait, we were offered an appointment for the next day and they had several appointments available for the following two weeks. Unfortunately I cant help you with finding a doctor as we live in the south.

michelle x

Guest michelle in Havant
It's costing us €600 euro for both of us, sorry I don't know what that is is pounds.

Is it nessecary to put in thing that only required GP visits? For instance a mild kidney infection? The OH had a minor heart murmer when he was a baby, does he have to mention that?

We put everything on the form, just in case they had to contact GP to query something to do with the medical, and decided to ask questions about anything else, and then if we hadnt put it down it could have affected us getting our visa. At the end of the day though its your choice, and I wouldnt have thought either of those would be a problem when they process the medicals

michelle x

I also have my medicals on friday and i to am feeling nervous. suddenly i have a headache im sure its from stress but im worrying if something is wrong silly i know i think it is normal to feel like this just dont want anything to spoil plans at last minute.

Hi Deb good luck for Friday, there is nothing to it, i felt exactly the same, i think its when you don't know what to expect

All the best

Tania X

Archived