Confused about visas!

Guest ria_w

Hi,

We're really confused as to what trade I should put down, as I have more than one! I am a qualified IT Trainer, also a qualified Crystal Therapist, but I'm setting up a new worldwide Private Investigations service. Not an investigator myself, but I offer certain services (without going into too much detail as the business isn't offered anywhere else but in the USA, though there is a worldwide market). Obviously I haven't been doing it for long, in fact its just starting off, with help from the Princes Trust, and all the forms I've seen have said something about doing it for the past 12 out of the 18 months.

My husband is a mechanic, can do anything from lawnmowers to tractors and cars, doesn't like motorbikes but he can do them. But he had to give up his job in Oct 05, as I was 8 months pregnant and had to be hospitalised, with the 2 older children at home being only 5 and 18months at the time, his work asked him to hand his notice in as he had no holiday left. Even though he had been there for about 2 years. Now there isn't any jobs around here that are that way orientated, although he still does cars on a self employed basis.

Does anyone have any advice? Even if its just to say 'sorry, you'l have to wait for a year before applying'! I want to do this right, we have our hearts set on emigrating but are finding everything confusing, if we have to wait 12 months before applying then we do. :?

Oh, forgot, my uncle is willing to sponser us too, he moved over to the better side of the pond years ago and married an Australian. Does that make a difference when applying - do you have to satisfy the same criteria?

Sorry I've rambled on! :)

With the skills you have got between you and the sponser option i would definately have a chat with an agent as they will know which is the easiest route for you follow.There are so many different visas they will tell you the options to the ones you can apply.We too were confused at first and spoke with 'Visa Bureau' who we ende up using as our agents ,they offer a money back guarantee and are excellent at their job,good luck with everything

Cal x

Ooh thanks! Money back guarantee sounds good, there seems to be upteen amounts of agents, I was worried I'd end up going with one that would take the money and run! Its going to be expensive to do as it is, without spending over the odds on stuff!

Thanks again! :D

Archived