Sunrise & Sunset - Queensland

cartertucker

Guest HappyBunny

When we arrived it was winter and daylight hours were 6am to 6pm, we have been told that it only stays light until 8ish in the summer because there is less variation here than in the UK due to our proximity to the equator. I'm sure someone who has been here longer can confirm or deny that.

When we arrived it was winter and daylight hours were 6am to 6pm, we have been told that it only stays light until 8ish in the summer because there is less variation here than in the UK due to our proximity to the equator. I'm sure someone who has been here longer can confirm or deny that.

Thats interesting, because I had heard that it is the same all year round, which if im honest was a little bit of a downer, so if it does stay light until 8pm ish in the summer months, then thats a bonus that I didnt know about! :cute:

Kelly :smile:

Guest MariAndyok
Yeah, I can totally understand that, dark nights arent good

Kelly

It wouln't be night if it wasn't dark!:biglaugh:

That is one of the real bummers over here, winter or summer I go home in the dark from work most nights....hate it.

Sorry if Imissed a thread mate but thought you lived inthe office or dothey turn the lights off to save power :biglaugh:

M from K

shorter days tho unless you get up in the middle of the nite and you have to if you want to go out for breakfast

m from k

what a whinger you are !!!! ....when i was in perth last year ....we left house at 6am on occassions to make the most of our day ....and guess what it was light bright and sunny !!!!!!!!!!! ....and then guess what ....it didnt get dark till about 830pm .....this was in march ....so summer i presume !!!!!

Mrs keily

what a whinger you are !!!! ....when i was in perth last year ....we left house at 6am on occassions to make the most of our day ....and guess what it was light bright and sunny !!!!!!!!!!! ....and then guess what ....it didnt get dark till about 830pm .....this was in march ....so summer i presume !!!!!

Mrs keily

I leave the house at 530 everyday to make the most of my day WORK!! autumn march by the way. I get up to make the most of my day when I am on holidays, after 6 days of 445 up I like to lay till about 8 on Sunday so if you don`t shake your self the breakfast places shut at 945 - 10 and sizzlers lock the doors . Get earlier when the daylight savin gets kicked out mr Barnett and his mates dont like it

M fro K

I leave the house at 530 everyday to make the most of my day WORK!! autumn march by the way. I get up to make the most of my day when I am on holidays, after 6 days of 445 up I like to lay till about 8 on Sunday so if you don`t shake your self the breakfast places shut at 945 - 10 and sizzlers lock the doors . Get earlier when the daylight savin gets kicked out mr Barnett and his mates dont like it

M fro K

WELL I SUPPOSE ANYTHING AFTER 10AM IS NOT CLASSED AS BREAKFAST !!! WHY DONT YOU GO OUT FOR LUNCH INSTEAD ...:wacko:AND AS FAR AS IM AWARE DAYLIGHT SAVING IS STILL GONA BE IMPLEMENTED IN WA THIS YEAR ???

MRS KEILY

Guest earlswood

Mrs keily

6pm most of the time it is dusk and getting dark....it sucks to be honest after the long summer nights in the UK.

Guest MariAndyok
6pm most of the time it is dusk and getting dark....it sucks to be honest after the long summer nights in the UK.

long Summer nights? just long nights this year!

Guest earlswood
long Summer nights? just long nights this year!

You had a couple of bad years then, the years I was there were always warm long and sunny for the most part....that was over 2 years ago though.:unsure:

Archived