'No Visa - No Fee'!

cartertucker

Yes I think you guys are right - my understanding is that a registered Agent isn't allowed to take you on as a client unless they can evidence that you fulfill the visa criteria, so basically as long as you haven't lied with the info then you're ok. Think that if you fail the medical though you can't get your money back. So maybe it's the unregistered Agents that offer no visa, no fee and so steer clear?

Yes I think you guys are right - my understanding is that a registered Agent isn't allowed to take you on as a client unless they can evidence that you fulfill the visa criteria, so basically as long as you haven't lied with the info then you're ok. Think that if you fail the medical though you can't get your money back. So maybe it's the unregistered Agents that offer no visa, no fee and so steer clear?

Sorry Sam I disagree slightly with you, I believe that a registered agent has to make you fully aware of what your chances are of getting a visa. They can still take you on as a client even if you have no chance if that is you wish.

Guest andy,tina,lukeandgeorgie

i agree with all the above,we used thames migration and they have been very good all the way they will give you a consultaion for free if you go with them,(well they did with us) they can tell if you fit the citereia and if something changes along the way,which can and did with us,they gave us an alternative route and were very helpful.i wouldnt of like to of attacked the whole process without them! hope this helps.

Sorry Sam I disagree slightly with you, I believe that a registered agent has to make you fully aware of what your chances are of getting a visa. They can still take you on as a client even if you have no chance if that is you wish.

I stand corrected Craig!:notworthy:

Cheers

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Kelly

I've yet to hear of a "no visa, no fee" firm actually returning the fees when the whole thing goes wrong due to the fault of the firm.

It is a stupid promise to make. If the agent has obtained sufficiently detailed instructions, is fully up to speed with current migration legislation, policy and practice and the Agent is of the professional opinion that an application ought to succeed, there is no reason why it should fail. Therefore why make such a promise? The promise is nothing but a marketing gimmick in my view, and I abhor gimmickry in any professional context.

Some agents also take it beyond a mere gimmick: virtually anobody with a pulse is eligible for a Student visa for Oz. Whether they can afford that route has nothing to do with technical eligibility for the visa.

A reputable agent will decline to act in the matter if s/he believes that the application would be futile. There is a duty to act in the client's best interests. An application which is known to be futile from the beginning cannot be said to be n the client's best interests if the client genuinely wants to migrate to Oz either temporarily or permanently.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest tracynben

personally i wouldnt use an agent, ive heard lots of bad stories about them, and they cant guarantee that you will be accepted, all they can do is help get all the revelent paperwork ready so it might not get delayed.

I will def be doing mine myself, if you go on the immi.gov.au you can get all the info you need.

BUT thats just my personal opinion.

tracy xxx

Hi Kelly

I've yet to hear of a "no visa, no fee" firm actually returning the fees when the whole thing goes wrong due to the fault of the firm.

It is a stupid promise to make. If the agent has obtained sufficiently detailed instructions, is fully up to speed with current migration legislation, policy and practice and the Agent is of the professional opinion that an application ought to succeed, there is no reason why it should fail. Therefore why make such a promise? The promise is nothing but a marketing gimmick in my view, and I abhor gimmickry in any professional context.

Some agents also take it beyond a mere gimmick: virtually anobody with a pulse is eligible for a Student visa for Oz. Whether they can afford that route has nothing to do with technical eligibility for the visa.

A reputable agent will decline to act in the matter if s/he believes that the application would be futile. There is a duty to act in the client's best interests. An application which is known to be futile from the beginning cannot be said to be n the client's best interests if the client genuinely wants to migrate to Oz either temporarily or permanently.

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks Gill,

Thats a really great post & really helpfull. :yes:

Kelly :smile:

Archived