For all the people who can't wait to return to the UK

Guest spides

Guest Pocklell
I think your all mad, you'll be back five minutes and realise what a dirty stinking dump the UK has become!!

I was back for a holiday in August and everyone is miserable as sin........

Wild horses would not send me back, here I can go to the beach and walk in blazing sunshine.......back in the UK they'll stand in the pub all day, look at the pissing rain hitting the window and moan about the place.......

That is half the problem with people emigrating to Aus, there here 30 seconds and want to catch up with English people and have there fish fingers and chips and beans and expect it to be the UK with sunshine....

Embrace the Aussie lifestyle not the English, this isn't the Algarve!!!

Good luck if your returning, I wish it worked out for you but half the people on this forum who moan and groan I'm glad your leaving the place.........I can't argue when the Aussie's call us whinging poms, on here we are!!!!

I'll wave you off from the Airport and return to a House I can only dream of in the UK, and kids leave their bikes on the front lawn all night.........where will you get that in the UK..........I don't even lock my car and I haven't heard a car alarm go off in two years!!!!

Theres more to life than materials objects, Health, happiness, family, etc etc. Glad you like oz but the saying's "Home is here the heart is" comes to mind and "each to their own"

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Shaz"n"Mart

How right you are,we visited Oz for a month in what was meant to be uk summertime and it was warmer in the Oz winter,the people were friendly ,happy and proud of their country,who can say that in the uk at the moment! We loved Oz so much ,we have taken our first steps to emigrating,what a fantastic country, we just wish we had done it years ago! The beaches are clean and beautiful,even in the winter! Anyone been to Margate lately!lol! Unless you have been there you just wouldn"t understand the comparison between the two countries! I agree with everything you have to say,when we move there we will live the Aussie lifestyle,not become whinging poms!!!!

Guest earlswood
How right you are,we visited Oz for a month in what was meant to be uk summertime and it was warmer in the Oz winter,the people were friendly ,happy and proud of their country,who can say that in the uk at the moment! We loved Oz so much ,we have taken our first steps to emigrating,what a fantastic country, we just wish we had done it years ago! The beaches are clean and beautiful,even in the winter! Anyone been to Margate lately!lol! Unless you have been there you just wouldn"t understand the comparison between the two countries! I agree with everything you have to say,when we move there we will live the Aussie lifestyle,not become whinging poms!!!!

There are beaches in Oz that are worse than British beaches and visa versa....And I have been here 2 years and compared both Countries and prefer the UK....everyone is different.

Guest Angelcake
There are beaches in Oz that are worse than British beaches and visa versa....And I have been here 2 years and compared both Countries and prefer the UK....everyone is different.

How much of Aus have you actually seen? It seems to me that you hate Perth so therefore think you hate Australia! It's one hell of a big and very diverse country!

Guest earlswood
How much of Aus have you actually seen? It seems to me that you hate Perth so therefore think you hate Australia! It's one hell of a big and very diverse country!

Been to a few different places and while some are nice I do not think Oz is as attractive as the UK, just my opinion.

Plus I just prefer Brits to Aussies.

wow!!!! some very interesting points raised by all, but love or hate where u live at this present time there is a reason why we all have left or are leaving or indeed want to return to the uk. non are wrong and they all boil down to personal preference. however.......

Earlswood - black country people walsall wolverhampton etc u are welcome to them. there are plenty of houses lots of choice Pleck in walsall or why not try Karma ? (FAMOUS LOCALLY FOR ITS LADIES OF THE NIGHT....) or the delightful Low Hill in wolves cheap to rent ONE OF THE CHEAPEST AREAS IN THE UK!! with the 'friendly' black country people AHEM.......most are empty and boarded up BECAUSE NOONE WANTS TO LIVE THERE.

Guest longreach
I think your all mad, you'll be back five minutes and realise what a dirty stinking dump the UK has become!!

I was back for a holiday in August and everyone is miserable as sin........

Wild horses would not send me back, here I can go to the beach and walk in blazing sunshine.......back in the UK they'll stand in the pub all day, look at the pissing rain hitting the window and moan about the place.......

That is half the problem with people emigrating to Aus, there here 30 seconds and want to catch up with English people and have there fish fingers and chips and beans and expect it to be the UK with sunshine....

Embrace the Aussie lifestyle not the English, this isn't the Algarve!!!

Good luck if your returning, I wish it worked out for you but half the people on this forum who moan and groan I'm glad your leaving the place.........I can't argue when the Aussie's call us whinging poms, on here we are!!!!

I'll wave you off from the Airport and return to a House I can only dream of in the UK, and kids leave their bikes on the front lawn all night.........where will you get that in the UK..........I don't even lock my car and I haven't heard a car alarm go off in two years!!!!

I would agree in principal , but i must say i think you have to get the mix right of

both cultures ,it is a fact new migrants need to mix with there fellow countrymen.

This dont mean going down the pub all day ,but say on a Friday to meet fellow

countrymen , i think a good social network is amust to keep you sane . Do you live

in a small town or the bush ie comments on leaving car open and bikes unlocked,

I lived on the northern beaches in Sydney were i plan to return soon and although

never had any problems the norm was to lock everything at night

regards longreach.

Guest TheArmChairDetective

Early, can you please keep pointing out that it's your opinion?

Everyone else seems to be in a different Oz to you, you cannot physically compare Oz to the UK as it has totally opposite geography. I mean, how many indigenous Kangaroos are their in the UK?

Everyone else seems to be in a different Oz to you, you cannot physically compare Oz to the UK as it has totally opposite geography. I mean, how many indigenous Kangaroos are their in the UK?

Probably about as many indigenous badgers as there are in Australia - your point being?

But Earls is right there are lovely beaches in UK just as there are lovely beaches here and there are some cr*p beaches here just as there are cr*p beaches there. The trouble is that familiarity has bred contempt in some Poms who can no longer see any beauty in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Guest earlswood

:biglaugh: it is my opinion, who do you think typed it..............

William-Shakespeareeeeee.jpg

There are no Kangaroos but there are colonies of Wallabys scatterd around the UK country side. I asked one was he indigenous but he just ignored me so I prosume he come from Australia.

Google it

Guest earlswood
[/color]

There are no Kangaroos but there are colonies of Wallabys scatterd around the UK country side. I asked one was he indigenous but he just ignored me so I prosume he come from Australia.

Google it

:twitcy:classic.

Probably about as many indigenous badgers as there are in Australia - your point being?

My point being that the U.K is the U.K and Oz is Oz.

They are different to each other so trying to draw comparisons is futile.

:biglaugh: it is my opinion, who do you think typed it..............

A good question, apparently there's quite a few who believe that you don't type anything you post, someone else does. Mind you some of the stuff you write is so old it might well have been shakespeare, or is that Bacon. :smile:

[/color]

I asked one was he indigenous but he just ignored me so I prosume he come from Australia.

Presumably he was a disgruntled migrant:smile:

Yahoo it.

Maybe a secound generation disgruntled migrant. Or may be he had Jet lag

Hop it.

hehehehehehe.

A promising retort.

Cheers Skippy

Guest Tabitha

OMG, we have just sat for an hour and read this thread from start to finish. Eastenders has nothing on you guys........... and we thought we would miss the soaps if we moved out to Oz ! However, with the venom behind some of the comments, it's easy to see how offence can be caused and well done to Tim. The ref gets 10/10.

OMG, we have just sat for an hour and read this thread from start to finish. Eastenders has nothing on you guys........... and we thought we would miss the soaps if we moved out to Oz ! However, with the venom behind some of the comments, it's easy to see how offence can be caused and well done to Tim. The ref gets 10/10.

Venom !

Not a single one of the posts on this thread have been reported and the usual suspects (I include myself here) are merely playing the nah,nah,nah nah, game.

Glad yo liked the read though

Just had Aussie rellies (in South Australia) on phone today saying its "stinkin hot" and can we send some cooler weather down there....everyone here in UK is saying it is toooo cold and we need some heat!....Maybe we should all live somewhere in the middle! LOL

My reason for returning to UK many years ago was that after six years of Perth I found it sterile, starched and boring. I did have some nostalgic feelings about Perth in the intervening years but on two brief visits in the last ten years I just couldn't wait to return to UK. The truth is that if we could live in both countries without restriction then that would be the ideal situation. But in that situation the percentage of residency in each country for me would be 20% Aus and 80% UK.

Guest earlswood
My reason for returning to UK many years ago was that after six years of Perth I found it sterile, starched and boring. I did have some nostalgic feelings about Perth in the intervening years but on two brief visits in the last ten years I just couldn't wait to return to UK. The truth is that if we could live in both countries without restriction then that would be the ideal situation. But in that situation the percentage of residency in each country for me would be 20% Aus and 70% UK.

I thought that after 24 hours of arriving in Perth when I went out for a drink on my first night and found everything bloody shut :realmad:

I thought that after 24 hours of arriving in Perth when I went out for a drink on my first night and found everything bloody shut :realmad:

They knew?:smile:

Guest Angelcake
P

The trouble is that familiarity has bred contempt in some Poms who can no longer see any beauty in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

In my opinion the same could be said for some of you long termers in Australia!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Archived