For all the people who can't wait to return to the UK

Guest spides

I do not wish to involve myself in any arguments on this forum as it was my understanding that the whole point was to share constructive comments and opinions, both good and bad, in an acceptable manner. However the use of some of the language on some of these posts and the tone is completely offensive, argumentative and unacceptable i.e pakis. I , like others, have my opinions about many things but I also have respect for other people and realise that there is a time and a place to air certain opinions and use certain language. A public forum like this is not one of them. I do not consider myself to be part of the 'PC brigade' but I do consider myself to have common courtesy for others. I also have the moral courage to stand against these outrageous comments and am not afraid to advise that I have reported these posts and hope they are sent to the trash where they belong.

Sorry Justine (If that really is your name)

But you sound to me to be very much part of the PC brigade. But like the rest never admit top being a member..

I'm reporting you to the antie PC brigade "Brigade" for impersionating some one who does not want to get involved with these petty arguments.

John

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest justine1

Hi John,

Why do you suggest I am not using my real name? Why are you suspicious? I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. I suppose, depending on your defintion of the 'PC brigade' depends on whether or not you consider yourself part of it? Mine is based on those who believe its not ok to refer to, for example, things like 'black board' ( why when it is black?), in these realms I do not consider myself part of the 'PC brigade'. Secondly my referring to the 'PC Brigade' was a tongue in cheek response to an earlier quote that 'theres nothing worse than the PC crew'. Thirdly the difference, in my view, btw the 'PC brigade' and downright offensive language is common sense and needs no explaining or justification, surely? I'm sure if individuals from Pakistan were reading this there would be no argument btw what is PC and what is abusive comments? My very good friends are from Pakistan and I can guarantee how they would view this and rightly so.

Feel free to report me further to the 'Anti PC Brigade' brigade ( I liked that one!). However mine is not an argument, simply a statement!

Cheers, Jus

Hi John,

Why do you suggest I am not using my real name? Why are you suspicious? I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. I suppose, depending on your defintion of the 'PC brigade' depends on whether or not you consider yourself part of it? Mine is based on those who believe its not ok to refer to, for example, things like 'black board' ( why when it is black?), in these realms I do not consider myself part of the 'PC brigade'. Secondly my referring to the 'PC Brigade' was a tongue in cheek response to an earlier quote that 'theres nothing worse than the PC crew'. Thirdly the difference, in my view, btw the 'PC brigade' and downright offensive language is common sense and needs no explaining or justification, surely? I'm sure if individuals from Pakistan were reading this there would be no argument btw what is PC and what is abusive comments? My very good friends are from Pakistan and I can guarantee how they would view this and rightly so.

Feel free to report me further to the 'Anti PC Brigade' brigade ( I liked that one!). However mine is not an argument, simply a statement!

Cheers, Jus

Hello Justine

We have had this discusion on hear before. I find the word Paki only Offensive if it is said in a offensive way. I hate rude offensive people who are full of hate, but I still question why we can not use the word Paki just because the PC Brigade say we can't.

I was only joking with you Justine (I Think you know I was) but I will not pander to the PC brigade, If I'm rude or offensive then have a word with me.

All the best John

Guest justine1

No worries John, I hear what you are saying - and yes I did know you were joking hence my last sentence! And its defintiely not you whom is rude or offensive!

See ya later Alligator ( am I allowed to say that?!)

No worries John, I hear what you are saying - and yes I did know you were joking hence my last sentence! And its defintiely not you whom is rude or offensive!

See ya later Alligator ( am I allowed to say that?!)[/quote]

Go on then.

Good luck

John

However the use of some of the language on some of these posts and the tone is completely offensive, argumentative and unacceptable i.e pakis.

Erm actually in Australia mate if you listen to the radio or watch any cricket on Fox etc you will hear Pakistan constantly referred to as Pakies or Pakis however you want to spell it.

I recall nearly crashing my car when I heard on Triple M a massive radio station here in Brisbane them quite openly saying 'at the Gabba we have our Aussie boys taking on the pakies at cricket'

You make some very valid points that I could not argue with but you do seem a very bitter man.

I guess it's how people read into things, if we were standing in a Pub I could dictate all this back but dependant how I project myself you can read it as bitter, or in the jovial way I usually speak. Most of the time it's tongue in cheek, it's the blinkered people who leave their Village or Town for the first time in there life and come to Aus and they think they've seen the World, and expect their son to be sniffing glue like back home that get my goat....if he isn't being arrested for stealing cars like in the UK it doesn't feel like home, and it's Australia's fault:biglaugh:

Guest Angelcake

I can vouch for that too. I spent a year in Aus and was very shocked to hear the use of the word paki in everyday language. It's not considered offensive there at all, just a shortened version of the word pakistani. Cricket commentators use it all the time.

In Aus you'll hear it all the time and aussies were shocked to learn that in the UK it has racist connotations.

Angelcake

Easy Angelcake I've had a slap on the wrist for using the term p*ki........

I'm clealry not allowed to use a word that is allowed to be broadcast millions of people across the globe.........:nah:

In Aus you'll hear it all the time and aussies were shocked to learn that in the UK it has racist connotations

That is because the UK is the softest nation on Earth...

Once Conquerors, now slaves....

Guest tassiedevil59

those of us who emigrate should remember where they come from ( nothing wrong with that ) but at the same time they should make the effort to embrace the new change to there lifestyle , to me Hobart and BRISBANE ( moving next year ) are great places with differences , its what you make it !!!! at least in Oz you have lovely weather , people i find are generally more friendlier than back in the UK and very rarely have i heard any moaning about the weather or hooligans. unlike back in the UK .... think as why you decided to move to OZ. ........... SCOTLAND WILL ALWAYS BE HOME BUT OZ IS WHERE I LIVE AND MAKING THE MOST OF IT..............

absolutely tassiedevil, if i live in Aus for the next fifty years (unlikely with my drinking ha ha) I'll always call myself English. You are where you are born? Nothng wrong with that...

I always give the Father In Law a little dig, he left Scotland at 21, one of the ten pound Poms as it were. He's lived here over forty years but he calls himself Australian!!

He's a jock (no offence) he's Scottish, surely :yes:

My Dad is from Dublin, he left Ireland when he was like twenty, lived in the UK for over fifty years bless him. He calls himself Irish.

I could have an Irish Passport, I'm 100% plastic paddy, my Mum and Dad are Irish

Ironcally my Dad has travelled all over the World with RAF, and all over Australia and he called Brisbane the 'cleanest' City he had ever visited...

Guest tassiedevil59

Hi Spides

thanks for the note , i see from some of the comments you made that some disagree , there choice but they must give it a chance to embrace the country they live in , **** i lived in South Africa for 11 years and i never heard one whinging pom. it is what you make it , glad to see your a mixed breed (LOL) keep in touch as me and the family are hoping to move to Brizzie in a few months time , very good job offer and better ooppss more to do than in Tazzie , we are hoping to move to North Lakes area beside were hopefully there is a broad culture and mixed comunity , god help it if i get a whingeing pomme next door ARGH

defo agree that the UK is too bloody soft on crime , radical measures needed to stop it , oopps more unpolitical comments , next we will have the pominoz police after us..... cheers

ha ha pominoz police, I would have a dig here but to be honest I moderate on some bodybuilding forums and it can be a nightmare so I'm not going there :cry:

I've taken my beating and held my hand up..........that's done with, respect to the moderators who PM'd me, no offence meant, anyhow.....

Weather for me plays a huge part, well it does for me personally......I adore where I live, in the middle of a Forest. Small suburb, I never lock my car, cars rarely pass my house.

People who pass you in the street say hello etc........I have a three bed detached house with a Garage, a pool and a spa on 654m2 plot of land. I'm a twenty minute bus journey from the Centre of Brisbane City (ten minutes if I drive) I paid 130k English for this Palace in Dec 2006.

We also have a rental property in Noosa.

The wife and I sold a two bed flat to get all of this...........

Why the f**k would anyone go back ha ha............never in a million years will I give this up.

I sit in my pool, my suburb is so quiet I can hear a mosquito fart........ I lie back and flick on BBC news from the pool and laugh my beer belly off :biglaugh:

Guest tassiedevil59

fxxk im on my way to Brizzy now ,your sad i lie back and watch sky news instead of the politically incorrect beeb.

nice to see your hard done by and really struggling since leaving the UK.

my ,moderation comes in the form of red bull and gym sometimes put voddy in my red bull , if i done that now the pomsin oz police would lift me for my sensitivity to other homo sapiens. ( not )

right sure to catch you soon on the forum

ha ha pominoz police, I would have a dig here but to be honest I moderate on some bodybuilding forums and it can be a nightmare so I'm not going there :cry:

I've taken my beating and held my hand up..........that's done with, respect to the moderators who PM'd me, no offence meant, anyhow.....

Weather for me plays a huge part, well it does for me personally......I adore where I live, in the middle of a Forest. Small suburb, I never lock my car, cars rarely pass my house.

People who pass you in the street say hello etc........I have a three bed detached house with a Garage, a pool and a spa on 654m2 plot of land. I'm a twenty minute bus journey from the Centre of Brisbane City (ten minutes if I drive) I paid 130k English for this Palace in Dec 2006.

Why the f**k would anyone go back ha ha............never in a million years will I give this up.

I sit in my pool, my suburb is so quiet I can hear a mosquito fart........ I lie back and flick on BBC news from the pool and laugh my beer belly off :biglaugh:

Been up the Saislbury lately? do they still have tittie girls on fridays?

Guest earlswood
those of us who emigrate should remember where they come from ( nothing wrong with that ) but at the same time they should make the effort to embrace the new change to there lifestyle , to me Hobart and BRISBANE ( moving next year ) are great places with differences , its what you make it !!!! at least in Oz you have lovely weather , people i find are generally more friendlier than back in the UK and very rarely have i heard any moaning about the weather or hooligans. unlike back in the UK .... think as why you decided to move to OZ. ........... SCOTLAND WILL ALWAYS BE HOME BUT OZ IS WHERE I LIVE AND MAKING THE MOST OF IT..............

Have to pick you up their Tassie, I have found people in the UK especially from the Black Country and upt North the friendliest people in the world....aussies to not come near them, in fact the majority of Australian men I have met and worked with are loud mouthed obnoxious bores…..not all mind you but a much bigger percentage than I have worked with in the UK…..and people do moan about the weather over here as it has been except for the last couple of weeks crap in Perth for 5 months…cold and wet, and they do moan when it gets to 40+ degrees which is great when you first get here but very very quickly wears off when all you can do is sit in an air conditioned room all day…and crime…”you are avin a bath” it is just as bad over here with hoons and gangs of youths hanging around peed up to the eyeballs.

Guest earlswood
Easy Angelcake I've had a slap on the wrist for using the term p*ki........

I'm clealry not allowed to use a word that is allowed to be broadcast millions of people across the globe.........:nah:

That is because the UK is the softest nation on Earth...

Once Conquerors, now slaves....

Plus the best Country in the world to live IMO, despite it's faults it is a great nation and every other Country in the world look up to us and aspire to be like us, they would never admit it of course…..the best are always hated “Man united”

…..the best are always hated “Man united”

Thought u were meant to be an Aston Villa supporter Earlswood, wots this about :twitcy:

ha ha pominoz police, I would have a dig here but to be honest I moderate on some bodybuilding forums and it can be a nightmare so I'm not going there

I sit in my pool, my suburb is so quiet I can hear a mosquito fart........ I lie back and flick on BBC news from the pool and laugh my beer belly off /quote]

0511-0706-2916-1753_Trumpet_Player_clipart_image.jpg

mmo0139l.jpg

Guest tassiedevil59

Snipe ma man , you opened a can of worms with the quote , old earlswood the MAN UTD / ASTON VILLA ( CONFUSED LAD ) has taken mentioned the black country is the best ( poor bit of delusion) i do lots of travelling in my job and came across lots of nice people in different places (from north and south of the UK as well as here in Oz ) being a Jock ( who most people like ) i still say that there is less whinging in Oz than back in Blighty , i would rather compalin about the hot weather ( i lived in South Africa before and climate similar to perth) than seeing it pee down with rain 24/7 and of course the Black country is a free non violent community with no multi racial tension , NOT.

go the might Glasgow Rangers , then Man utd ...........

enjoy the heat Earlswood and Snipes get out of the Forrest ......heehee

Hi/G'day everyone! This is my first posting so be gentle!

I am British married to a born n bred Aussie bloke.We lived in Aus for a while, then came over to the UK to live because of family worries.

This year, in May, we went back over there to visit his family for a couple of weeks, and after only 1 week there my husband was wanting to get back to the UK!

He loves the cold weather, the history, the beautiful countryside and doesnt want to return to Aus again except for family visits.

When we were there I was shocked at how quiet the suburbs were...hardly ever seeing a soul walking about, and the highlight of the day was seeing mr postie wizzing along on his motorbike! The only time we saw people was at the shopping malls! In the summer it was like "lockdown"..everyone seems to huddle indoors with the blinds/curtains closed to keep out the blazing sun, even with the airconditioning on! I went to Ma in Laws friends for coffee and was amazed to find everyone sitting in the dining room with the lights on at midday, because the sunlight had to be kept out.

There are good things and bad things about both places, and you do have to find out where you are "at home". For us its proved to be the United Kingdom..we will always have a love for Australia, but a visit is enough for us.

Good luck to everyone whether staying down under or returning back to the UK.

Hi/G'day everyone! This is my first posting so be gentle!

I am British married to a born n bred Aussie bloke.We lived in Aus for a while, then came over to the UK to live because of family worries.

This year, in May, we went back over there to visit his family for a couple of weeks, and after only 1 week there my husband was wanting to get back to the UK!

He loves the cold weather, the history, the beautiful countryside and doesnt want to return to Aus again except for family visits.

When we were there I was shocked at how quiet the suburbs were...hardly ever seeing a soul walking about, and the highlight of the day was seeing mr postie wizzing along on his motorbike! The only time we saw people was at the shopping malls! In the summer it was like "lockdown"..everyone seems to huddle indoors with the blinds/curtains closed to keep out the blazing sun, even with the airconditioning on! I went to Ma in Laws friends for coffee and was amazed to find everyone sitting in the dining room with the lights on at midday, because the sunlight had to be kept out.

There are good things and bad things about both places, and you do have to find out where you are "at home". For us its proved to be the United Kingdom..we will always have a love for Australia, but a visit is enough for us.

Good luck to everyone whether staying down under or returning back to the UK.

Excellent post - people dont believe you when you say that in the summer you lurch from one airconditioned place to another and barely go out into the weather! I quite agree - it is a nice place to go for a holiday but then you can go back home!

Archived