taking cats to brisbane

Guest darrell&sarah

Guest darrell&sarah

hi all hopefully moving to brisbane from the uk early next year but sarah wants to take 2 of the 4 cat,s we have ,could anyone give me some idea of the cost involved with this many thanx darrell

I've just had a quote for 2 cats from Heathrow to Perth and it was £1595.

The dilemma we have is whether it's worth taking them. Ours eat spiders for fun :twisted: I have a feeling they wouldn't last long over there and that's unfair on them. Has anyone else had experience of taking cats and it all being ok with regards to the native wildlife etc :?:

I think it was Airpets. Complete the online quotation form and they'll put all the details in the post to you. If I can remember, the quote was for the complete service. I actually thought it wasn't too bad?

The thought of rehoming is awful. I would be ok with that if I knew for certain they were both going together to a good home but i think I'd always be wondering where they ended up and were they ok :(

They are only 2 and have been together all their lives, what if someone only wanted 1 :cry: Or am I mad and should I just think 'they're cats for goodness sake, they don't care as long as they're fed and warm :? !'

Hi Pam,

I have four cats, and one will probably be re homed as he is quite old and i'm not sure if he'll cope with the flight, quarantine, heat etc. but the others are coming. We have to put our date for leaving back another couple of months to get the extra money together, but i cant leave them, they're part of my family as well now. It will be hard enough leaving all my friends and family behind, and it will be alot easier on the kids to have their loved animals with them.

Its a really hard decision to have to make and i sympathise with anyone having to make it. :cry:

Guest Hayley370

I didn't particularly want to think of this subject again ( I am wincing as I type) but in the name of helping others i'll cope!?!?!?!

For our two moggies to be transported to Heathrow from Lincs, a days boarding at Heathrow and then flown to Sydney cost 1800 pounds with Airpets. Expensive but Airpets are very good and came highly reccomended. You will then have your fees for them to be in quarantine, Which cost $1100 and then a further $200 to get them flown from Sydney to Brisbane.

So all I will say, is you better love them a great deal!?!?!?!? Says the woman who cooked roast chicken for tea and shut both cats out the house because they were doing my head in with there scrounging! LOL!!!!!

Guest Hayley370

Oh Pam, I've just noticed your post! Never think "they are just cat's" they are an integral part of the family. Loads of people couldn't believe what we were spending on ours to be sent out. But I would not be without my boys, they complete our family.

Take no notice of the people who have to comment. We didn't! In the end I think my husband quite enjoyed telling people how much our cats had cost us just to see peoples reactions and wind them up!?!?!?!?!?

Hayley your post made me laugh - it must be husbands. Like yours, mine grumbles at the 'fortune' he paid to bring our cat 'for our daughters sake'!

Yet he's the one who said "we've had her longer than the children", whose knee the cat sits on, and who made the most fuss when she came out of quarantine !

Archived