Studying to gain PR - Anybody else doing the same thing?

Guest Kerri

Hello

I am just about to enrol on a 2 year cookery course to gain PR. Has anybody else done this or going to do it. I also have to work 900 hours in the industry while studying. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Kerri

I'm not doing anything comparable to that which you are considering. However, I know of someone who is.....

I have sent you a PM with the details, which might help. Look towards the top of the screen in the bar below where it says "Poms in Oz.com" Or you might get a pop-up window.

Good luck with the course.

Gill

Guest nigellr

Hi Kerri,

My wife and I are about to apply for a study visa,with the aim to gain PR,she is the one to study,but not sure if it is to be hairdressing or cookery,both a complete career change.We are also not sure what area to go to .What course are you doing,and what area are you thinking about?It's going to cost a lot ,but we think it will be worth it.

Nigel

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi Kerri!

My hubby is applying for a course studying Automotive Engineering in Melbourne. We have been put in touch with a company called Study Australia, based in Melbourne, who will give you free advice on the courses that are available, what cost tuition fees etc. They are able to give you plenty of free advice and tips as the colleges in Australia pay them commission when they place international students.

The Victorian Government also actively encourage you to stay on in Victoria once you have qualified, if you are studying a Skill on the shortage/demand list.

Although obviously more daunting probably than applying as a Skilled Migrant, this is our only option and we are taking it.

Best of luck, have a look at http://www.studyaustralia.com.au, am sure you will find this helpful! :wink:

Archived