Is it all worth it!!?

Guest lozzer

Hi there

Last option for us is looking into moving out to Oz & to do a 2 year hairdressing course under a student visa (bringing my hubbie & daughter).

Does anyone know if after qualifying on this course my permanent visa application would be accepted automatically (I realise medicals & police checks will have to be done)

Do you still have to apply on the points system? As dont think we would qualify for the $100K points (will be skint after 2 years of studying plus hubbie could only work 20hrs wk!)

Any help on this would be appreciated. Just at the point of giving up hope now as eventhough we've both got good professional jobs we've no dipolomas :(

Thanks

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Lozzer

Have you talked to any Migration Agents about your situation? It may not be as bleak as you think and most agents will have an initial chat with you for free.

I was looking at the student visa last night, wondering about it idly. It says that the Partner can work for 30 hours a week throughout the life of the visa. The student can work for 20 hours a week in term-time and for an unlimited period during the holidays.

But I would have a word with Phil Olsen who posts on here before you decide whether or not it is viable to try to continue with your dream. He is a Registered Migration Agent. Look on the sticky thread headed Free Assessment at the start of this section, I would suggest.

LOADS of people get despondent at different stages of the process. I don't think there is anyone who hasn't gone through at least one phase of "Is it all worth it?" You are definitely NOT alone, so don't lose heart.

Cheers

Gill

Archived