Hello Everyone- ACS references stress

Guest juliemtaylor

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi, as a newbie to the site we are just getting everthing together for my OH ACS application. We have instructed Peter Chiam PtLabs who is great.

Only problem is the amount of problems getting the various HR departments to write even a standard reference as they have been taken over by larger companies since he worked there. We can't even apply until we get all these together so I am feeling that we are not even at the starting gate!

Just wanted to share my frustrations and I am sure it will be like this until we get ther!!!:wacko:Julie

Guest aspinall

Hiya Julie,

For that very reason my OH wrote his own reference and passed it to one of the senior managers at his work to sign off and agree with. Especially due to the amount of technical information that needs to be detailed. It might be worth getting your OH to do the same??

Good luck!

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Hi

You can always do a self declaration letter!

This is ok and it just helps people who struggle to get references and if a company had closed etc.

Ask your agent he should be able to help.

Cheers jon

Agent appointed august 2008

TRA sent off 6th Oct

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi both, thanks for the support. We have his current job detailed out to show the java and one of the previous ones. HR departments are a real pain, one of his previous employers now lives in Sydney and will do a reference but still been advised to get a standard HR reference from the new company that took them over - there lies the problem.

We are wondering how ACS decide what is good enough to award MODL and if that works we may be able to go for 175 instead of 176 family sponsored.

Julie x

Archived