I HATE Australia! Wish we could turn back the clocks!

Guest itskaren

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheArmChairDetective
Im 100 % with you on this ..... Ive been here 14 months and detest it ....bloody cavemen thats what they are !!!!! lol

Hi Tillybelle, welcome to PIO.

Why not post a hello in the welcome threads so we can get to know you a bit better.

enjoy yourself here

TACD

Guest earlswood
Yes!

Only joking. I like winding you up. The same as you have been doing for the last year or so! LOL

Thats OK then...:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest earlswood
Hi Tillybelle,

Can you give us more details as to why you dislike it?

Thanks

Wendy

Wendy I suspect a troll to be honest.:madxmas:

Guest OZnumba1

is it possible to watch an afl game in the uk? or even the melbourne cup? my foxtel sport channels are full of english soccer. sbs a non pay channel also airs english soccer.

Lovediving you seem to think australian media over covers australian news? are you insane?

Of course we mainly cover australian news. Who cares what soccer team wins or if some shop in london got burgled?

In this thread i've been called a typical aussie, so living in australia and being a typical aussie i can say i don't want to hear about all the mundane happenings in other countries. I only care about what happens here in australia, so that would be why australian news is all about australia. Why should our ads be promoting something in england? So poms can feel like they are at home? Thats just stupid. Australia goes on about itself cause this is australia. Why would we go on about england? nobody would care

i find it amusing australians are getting blamed for what happened to the aboriginies, seen as tho it was the poms who colonised australia in the 1st place. And if your gonna take some moral highground on this subject don't move here, or your to blame just as much as me. (even though i was born here and had no choice)

So overall the Poms are bad people, so what are Australians then, not poms ?

We're Aussies, just like americans are american

So, you 'do' hate something about Australia then...:biglaugh:

Kelly icon7.gif

yes, yes i do. your point is? There is a big difference between disliking a company and their policies and disliking a nation.

earlswood, to you i quote Aldo:

I try to convince myself that australia aint that bad and the people are really not that bad...then i get in the car and as son as i'm on the road i hate all aussies and their stupid country...

It's these kind of comments i am replying to. Saying you hate me because somebody else cut you off if ridiculous and grinds my gears. If you have something real to complain about i will listen and sympathize. However if you just mock me i will defend myself.

auntieswedie i highly recommend you stay in england. You won't find any friends here, you come off like your up yourself. you big thinker you. HA!

If you want to be friends with australians you must have some humility.

"Seems alot of People hate the UK so they move to OZ and hate OZ even more."

seems a lot of uk people being the big thinkers that they proclaim to be think deeply that moving somewhere new will improve their life. Seems to me these deep thinkers have limited capacities

Paul Daniels bin in again, I wish you would not do that at my age think i`m losin it

Mally

User deleted their own post there Mally

Guest colletteblue
We have been here a year in December and detest this country. Sorry if I upset anyone but it is a backward country in camparison to the UK. The banking, nursing for sure, supermarkets, I could go on for ever.

The UK is not really that bad! Just make sure anyone who is in the process of coming over that it really is not the land of milk and honey!

Good luck is all I say!

thats one off the reasons you can make something out there with your upto date idea,s. go for a better life and do the best you can

Guest whitey25817

Mate, you seem to dislike the place because it isn't England, but I think we both know it never professed to be. From your other post I can see why you left England in the first place, but it would now appear that Australia is not the going to help you find the solace you need. Don't blame Australia though, I doubt under the circumstances any country would have been able to ease your demons. Have a nice trip home.

Guest itskaren
Mate, you seem to dislike the place because it isn't England, but I think we both know it never professed to be. From your other post I can see why you left England in the first place, but it would now appear that Australia is not the going to help you find the solace you need. Don't blame Australia though, I doubt under the circumstances any country would have been able to ease your demons. Have a nice trip home.

If you had read through the other post on this one 'I hate Australia' you would find out that I have apologised for the harsh comment! Yes Austalia is different and it is 'backward' in my opinion but on the whole I am beginning to like it. I have made myself think in a different frame of mind and it does help. I have been here a year now and time does help.

I try not to respond to this post as it always goes straight to the top!! I KNOW is is not England and I am not trying to find an England in Australia.

:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest whitey25817

No problems Karen, given enough time you will learn to love this country, granted you will probably loose a few brain cells and forget how to tie shoes and be content with 'thongs' but overall you'll grow to love the place more and more.

Sorry if my comment seemed negative, it wasn't meant too be, I was trying to say that after loosing your brother in such circumstances I doubt anywhere would have helped, especialy somewhere this far from what was home, and no one could blame you for that.

It sounds like your begining to fit in, and I suppose we all had to go through that period. If you ask the Aussies one positive thing they will say (begrudgingly.) is that at least we try, which is more than could be said for some other groups. (I won't say the 'M' word!)

By the way, you've only been here a year and you've already been on this site a while by the look of it, I've been here 40 years and only found it last night...ha ha! Your one up on me there!

So, may I retract my 'Have a nice trip home," and substitute a big 'Welcome to Australia, a place made a whole lot better by the POMS the Aussies love to hate.

If your in Melbourne and feel like a old fashioned dance and a drink in a real pub like atmosphere with loads of other ExPats check out www.melbournesoulclub.com I'd be happy to buy you a drink!

PS: You should have been here a couple of years ago when England had the Rugby World Cup and the Ashes, now that was a fun year. Payback has been harsh, but I had more fun messing with their minds and hearts than you could imagine.

Guest penguin89

its a shame you don't like oz, but like people say you have got to give it time, things don't change overnight. Australia is not like England, thats why we are here! My family and I have been here for 3 months now and we all love it so much we would never go back to the UK. I hope you settle down and think hard about going back and would it be the right thing to do.

Guest itskaren
No problems Karen, given enough time you will learn to love this country, granted you will probably loose a few brain cells and forget how to tie shoes and be content with 'thongs' but overall you'll grow to love the place more and more.

Sorry if my comment seemed negative, it wasn't meant too be, I was trying to say that after loosing your brother in such circumstances I doubt anywhere would have helped, especialy somewhere this far from what was home, and no one could blame you for that.

It sounds like your begining to fit in, and I suppose we all had to go through that period. If you ask the Aussies one positive thing they will say (begrudgingly.) is that at least we try, which is more than could be said for some other groups. (I won't say the 'M' word!)

By the way, you've only been here a year and you've already been on this site a while by the look of it, I've been here 40 years and only found it last night...ha ha! Your one up on me there!

So, may I retract my 'Have a nice trip home," and substitute a big 'Welcome to Australia, a place made a whole lot better by the POMS the Aussies love to hate.

If your in Melbourne and feel like a old fashioned dance and a drink in a real pub like atmosphere with loads of other ExPats check out www.melbournesoulclub.com I'd be happy to buy you a drink!

PS: You should have been here a couple of years ago when England had the Rugby World Cup and the Ashes, now that was a fun year. Payback has been harsh, but I had more fun messing with their minds and hearts than you could imagine.

Thanks so much for your kind post. Now this is going to go straight to the top again now and I will get another load of 'I like Australia' people disagreeing with me!!!

Anyway, I will PM people in future so it won't go to the top! I will look at the website in your post.

thanks again!

Guest Gollywobbler

HI All

After a word with itskaren, the thread-starter, I think the best thing is to close this thread.

Karen was having a hard time when she began the thread and I must say the later information that he brother was murdered makes it completely understandable that a move to the other side of the world would have seemed like the answer at the time.

Well - time will tell whether or not Oz is the right solution for Karen and if not, no worries. She can always return to the UK with her head held high if she so chooses.

However it is not helpful to her that the thread has become as long as it has, and the suggestion of closing it came from me. Karen agreed to my suggestion.

Thank you

Gill

Archived