Visa Connections - Assistance, Cheryl, George, Veronika & Alan

Guest Birdiesinoz

Guest Birdiesinoz

Hi

Ali has asked me to post a thread with the RMA's offers of assistance to keep everything together and to save having lots of posts going. It will also assist us RMA's who are willing to help to have questions etc all in one area.

I have posted that i am willing to assist anyone who requires help and you can either e-mail me or pm me. I am happy to advise as much as possible and also to take on any clients who require this assistance. I am happy (as i discussed with Gollywobbler) to offer reduced fees depending on which stage of your application you are at.

I have also posted below the posts form George Lombard and Veronika who have also offered their help, I beleive that Alan Collett has also been advised of the situation and i am sure he will be more than happy to assist too (Hi Alan).

George and Veronika have advised on the 956 form which would be the first steps to getting control of your applications but not all of you may be at that stage. Those of you who are still at skills assessment may need to get in touch with the particular assessors involved and again, i am sure that any one of us will be willing to assist.

I have put below instructions on the 956 form (this has been taken from the previous posting) but i thought it may be easier all under one thread.

956 Instructions

To download Form 956

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/956.pdf

Fill it in by hand (or on the screen if you have Adobe Writer) print it, sign it manually, then scan it into your machine. If possible, save it as a .pdf file. If you have a CO and you know his or her name then please e-mail Form 956 direct to him or her. The format that all DIAC staff use is joseph.bloggs@immi.gov.au

If you send it to the Branch 1 address, then look out for an auto-receipt from the DIAC machine. If it accepts something, it sends an automatic receipt for it. If it does not accept something it does not reject the e-mail with a "Delivery failed" message. It merely doesn't send an auto-receipt.

If you have not heard from a Case Officer yet, please e-mail your Form 956 to the following address:

branch1.docattach@immi.gov.au or adelaide.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au

This is on the basis that you have applied for a Skilled Migration visa but no Case Officer has been appointed as yet.

There is also a fax number for the ASPC + 61 8 8237 6629

If anyone has any other visa types, please me know and I will advise where the application should have been lodged.

Posts from George & Veronika

" George Lombard

I have had a number of emails about the Visa Connection situation and can confirm that they are no longer trading.

There may be sanctions you can seek but for anyone with a current visa application in processing you must immediately send a form 956 to DIAC terminating their appointment/appointing another agent.

You must also confirm in writing to VC that you want your file secured, either by havng it returned or transferred to another agent.

With respect to the form 956 we recommend you download it, complete it, sign it and then scan or fax it to the Department of Immigration relevant contact details (depending on the kind of application involved).

Generally we find it difficult to give a precise fee for handling applications prepared by other agents, particularly where there are so many difficulties in file management, but in view of the discussion here and elsewhere it may be sensible to engage a new agent if you're not already at final processing, and to that extent I will try to come up with a workable uniform fee for anyone who can give me their TRN and password for a general skilled migration application. Please just use the email details below or the PM system.

People who are at an earlier stage of the process may need special assistance, I understand that as late as last Friday VC was receiving refusals from Vetassess on the basis of undertakings made after these issues first arose.

I understand from the form letter sent out to former clients that VC no longer has the funds to return to applicants. This could never happen with a functioning registered migration agent as by law we are required to maintain a trust account, however to the extent that VC did previously have an agent associated with them, the professional indemnity insurance of that agent should be able to cover losses relating to contracts established with that agent. Details of what insurance the agent held would be available from the MARA, www.themara.com.au .

Cheers,

George Lombard

Migration Agent Registration Number 9681945

george@austimmigration.com.au

www.austimmigration.com.au "

Veronika

'Hello,

Gill has just alerted me to this thread.

We are also happy to help out as much as possible to get any applications that are now in a limbo state back on track, or to chase up things on your behalf.

Please fee free to contact me via email with your details and I will try to get back to you asap (weekend may not be possible) to see if and how we can help.

I will be more than happy to get in touch with the High Commission here on behalf of clients, and to help submit documents, check applications etc if it turns out that docs were not submitted. Or at the very least to offer as much advice as possible.

I will also be happy to get in touch with someone at DIAC to alert them to this issue and to find out how they can help applicants who are now in limbo. But again, you will have to email me with your details and a form 956 may have to be completed.

Justme I will pm you in a second.

Migration Consultant

Registered Migration Agent Number: 0301155

info@sortoutmyvisa.com '

I am sure between us all, and them kind members on this forum, we can help to get this mess sorted out.

I can be reached on info@ozmigrationagency.com.au or +61 3715 8852 (i will be here today).

Thank you Cheryl, George and Veronika for your assistance - are there any particular details that members should have ready if they contact you which will make the process of your assisting them easier and quicker e.g. visa type etc.?

Ali x

Guest Birdiesinoz
Thank you Cheryl, George and Veronika for your assistance - are there any particular details that members should have ready if they contact you which will make the process of your assisting them easier and quicker e.g. visa type etc.?

Ali x

Hi Ali

Yes, visa type, TRN number if they have been allocated one. If its a skills assessment then who it is with.

i am happy to chat with people and point them in the right direction if they want to follow through themselves or assist where required.

kind regards

To endorse what others have said, we will be happy to put our services at the disposal of any who are affected by the collapse of Visa Connection.

Persons affected can telephone our office in Southampton on 023 80 30 2525, and ask to speak with a consultant - or send me a PM or email. Our team is aware of the situation.

Best regards.

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi all,

Thanks again for all these offers of help with this terrible mess we have been left in.:wubclub:

Can you help me with this first bit at all please.

I managed to fill out the 956 form late last night with the assistance of a couple of good kind people on here, and scanned and saved it in the PDF file as told to do. I sent it to the email advised to, but still have not received the auto reply.

How long does it take for the auto reply to come through? Any ideas what I could have done wrong, only I am getting a bit worried as we will not be available for a couple of weeks and would really have loved to got this bit started before hand.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.

Take care.

Andi.xx

I find the auto replies from the ASPC come through about 15 minutes after the email and docs were sent.

The text of the email starts as follows:

"CONFIRMATION OF DOCUMENT RECEIPT

The documents attached in your email have been successfully received. These will shortly be forwarded to your case officer. Please do not mail originals or copies of the same documentation unless you have been specifically asked to do so."

This said, this is for emails sent to one of the designated region email addresses. I can't speak for the generic email address Cheryl has advised.

Best regards.

PS. I would encourage those who are seeking to dispense with the services of VC to consider using one of us 4 agents who have posted and/or have been mentioned on this thread.

The situation for those affected is likely to be stressful as it is. Worrying about whether emails with forms attached have been delivered is likely to only add to the concerns.

I recommend engaging another agent, discussing your situation with him or her, and then letting the agent do what needs to be done. A competent agent will be able to establish the true position relatively quickly, which in turn will give much greater certainty for visa applicants.

Guest Gollywobbler
PS. I would encourage those who are seeking to dispense with the services of VC to consider using one of us 4 agents who have posted and/or have been mentioned on this thread.

The situation for those affected is likely to be stressful as it is. Worrying about whether emails with forms attached have been delivered is likely to only add to the concerns.

I recommend engaging another agent, discussing your situation with him or her, and then letting the agent do what needs to be done. A competent agent will be able to establish the true position relatively quickly, which in turn will give much greater certainty for visa applicants.

Hi All

I endorse Alan's statement above. If you are in doubt the quickest and most reliable way to contact the skills assessment authority or DIAC will be to ask an Agent to do it for you. They know the drills with the various authorities, usually know some of the key people in them etc and it can save a lot of confusion and uncertainty - the latter only adds to the stress.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi all,

Thanks again for all these offers of help with this terrible mess we have been left in.:wubclub:

Can you help me with this first bit at all please.

I managed to fill out the 956 form late last night with the assistance of a couple of good kind people on here, and scanned and saved it in the PDF file as told to do. I sent it to the email advised to, but still have not received the auto reply.

How long does it take for the auto reply to come through? Any ideas what I could have done wrong, only I am getting a bit worried as we will not be available for a couple of weeks and would really have loved to got this bit started before hand.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.

Take care.

Andi.xx

Hi Andi

Phone the ASPC tonight, get the name of the person who takes your call and arrange to e-mail Form 956 direct to him or her, I suggest.

What have you saved the scanned document as? If it is not a .pdf file it may be too large? However do not worry about it unduly because your 175 visa application was not made until mid-September 2008 so there is no hurry at this stage.

It will be some considerable time before your file is allocated to a CO, so the immediate priority for you is to have a SUPER holiday and just leave Form 956 if you can't spare the time for it before you leave. Don't stress about this because yours is definitely an application that will wait peacefully until you get back and we can get you some proper help with it then, hun.

ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY!!! On Gill's Orders! :policeman:

Hugz

Gill

xx

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi Gill,

Thanks for the lovely post.

I did manage to scan and save it in a PDF file, (something I never noticed I had before, or what it was:wacko:).

I think I will do what you suggested and give ASPC a call tonight, and try it that way.

I am off to finally do some packing, have not even started that yet.

Thanks loads for the lovely holiday wishes.

Take care, and will talk to you when we get back.

Thanks for EVERYTHING.

LUV

Andi.xx

Guest andrew_obrien
Hi Gill,

Thanks for the lovely post.

I did manage to scan and save it in a PDF file, (something I never noticed I had before, or what it was:wacko:).

I think I will do what you suggested and give ASPC a call tonight, and try it that way.

I am off to finally do some packing, have not even started that yet.

Thanks loads for the lovely holiday wishes.

Take care, and will talk to you when we get back.

Thanks for EVERYTHING.

LUV

Andi.xx

Have a nice time and good luck tonight with the call.

Regards

Andrew

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi Ali,

Thanks for that, just waiting to make these couple of calls, nearly time to make the first one, then can go off to bed for a few hours sleep, then up about 4am.

Thanks for everything.

Take care, and will catch up with everyone soon.

Andi.xx

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

Richard Gregan of Overseas Emigration in Edinburgh has been kind enough to contact me this morning, offering his own help to any former clients of Visa Connection Ltd who might want it.

Overseas Emigration are well-known and I do know that some of the people caught up in this have already used them and have been delighted and relieved by the results.

Richard's contact details are here:

A.Richard Gregan, MARN 9905168 and MIA # 880.) He has been in practice for over 15 years and has police, legal and forensic accountancy training.

web is www.overseas-emigration.co.uk There are 5 RMA's on staff and also solicitors and accountants.

Richard's direct line number is: 0131 625 6906.

His e-mail address is richard-at-my-oe.com

Hopefully Richard might post a message of his own on here soon.

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks Gill,

Yes, I am happy to help out where I can.

I am based in Lieth in Edinburgh and where I can I am charging a low fee or if it is only a small amount work required by me, a donation to a cancer charity in lieu of any fee.

Moral of this story; Only an individual can be a registered migration agent. Companies, loose associates, affiliates in different cities or countrys who indulge in RMA number renting cause the sort of misery that Visa Connection have here.

Before you trust anyone with your migration dreams first check out their credentials. The number at the beginning of the MARN number indicates the year in which that agent was first registered. Agents registered for longer periods are generally more experienced. Certain agents build up certain specialties. Check what your agent is experienced in dealing with. Get some references from real live people you can speak with. (Mrs B from Exeter says we are super..., is not always a genuine testimonial)

As has been pointed out here the first priority is getting people's visa applications back on track.

Feel free to phone me if I can help.

Richard Gregan

MARN 9905168

www.overseas-emigration.co.uk

tel 0131 625 6906

Other RMA's available on 0131 625 6900

Meetings at our offices or yours.

Guest andrew_obrien

Richard helped me when Clare first messed my ACS up i just wish i had got my documents back when he said, but hey you live and learn.

But yes Richard is very nice and even gave me his mobile number and contacted me on weekends in his own time.

Guest Birdiesinoz

I have spoken to ASPC at 9am this morning and have been advised that the 956 forms should be scanned and e-mailed rather than faxed.

The e-mail addresses to ensure that they are lodged with your applications are

Skilled offshore e-visa - adelaide.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au

Skilled Onshore e-visa - brisbane.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au

They are now aware of the current situation with VC and will ensure that every assistance is given.

kind regards

PS - Form 956

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/956.pdf

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

Thanks very much for your help, Cheryl. It is good that the ASPC are now aware that VC Ltd has ceased trading. Letting them know that will ensure that they allow people plenty of time to make contact with them.

One the other thread on this topic, a poster who has phoned the ASPC has been advised to send Form 1193 as well (authorising the Department to communicate with you by e-mail.)

Form 1193 is here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1193.pdf

It is a good idea to include this additional form because Part H of Form 956 is woolly and adding Form 1193 does make it abundantly clear to them that e-mail is OK!

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Birdiesinoz
Hi All

Thanks very much for your help, Cheryl. It is good that the ASPC are now aware that VC Ltd has ceased trading. Letting them know that will ensure that they allow people plenty of time to make contact with them.

One the other thread on this topic, a poster who has phoned the ASPC has been advised to send Form 1193 as well (authorising the Department to communicate with you by e-mail.)

Form 1193 is here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1193.pdf

It is a good idea to include this additional form because Part H of Form 956 is woolly and adding Form 1193 does make it abundantly clear to them that e-mail is OK!

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill

Just to reassure anyone who has already sent in their 965 not to worry, as long as they have completed question 17 (which asks if they agree to being contacted by e-mail) this covers them and the 1193 is not necessarily required but will make it clear to DIAC.

Anyway, why are you still up????? :huh:

You work too hard (but you are an angel on here :notworthy:)

kind regards

Guest sarahlbyrne

Hi guys

I too have been ripped off by VC, £2000 in all. The picture gets even worse though, after some sound advice from Go Matilda (what a refreshing change speaking to competent advisors) it appears the SA have now taken Education Officer off their employment list. No visa pathway, no £2000 you gotta love VC. If they had done as promised i would have been booking my flight now.

On a positive note trading standards seem to think i can get my £2000 back as i paid for it on credit card, fingers crossed. Although it is common place to take up to a year to get any monies back.

Good luck to all of you guys who have been mislead by VC.

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi guys

I too have been ripped off by VC, £2000 in all. The picture gets even worse though, after some sound advice from Go Matilda (what a refreshing change speaking to competent advisors) it appears the SA have now taken Education Officer off their employment list. No visa pathway, no £2000 you gotta love VC. If they had done as promised i would have been booking my flight now.

On a positive note trading standards seem to think i can get my £2000 back as i paid for it on credit card, fingers crossed. Although it is common place to take up to a year to get any monies back.

Good luck to all of you guys who have been mislead by VC.

Hello Sarah

What's with the idea of "no visa pathway", please? Who says that there is no visa pathway for you and why do they say this?

Do you now have a positive skills assessment as an Education Officer?

If you have, are you willing to consider West Australia instead? The reason I ask is because WA does not publish a specific list and because the place is so vast they seem to be grateful to anybody who is willing to go and live some hundreds of miles from Perth for a few years (in their shoes, I would be grateful as well because I've been there and the place is immense!)

If you are willing to consider WA instead then here are the details:

State Migration Centre

If is not possible to understand WA without the map, which is interactive so put the cursor on different bits of it:

State Migration Centre Living in the Regions

You would be looking at the subclass 475 Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa to start with but that was probably true with SA as well I imagine:

State Migration Centre Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa

If you are willing to consider West Australia then in your shoes I would, literally, give them a ring. Have a chat with them and see what they say about the likelihood of a 475 visa for you as an Education Officer. The worst they can do is say "No" so you might as well ask, Sarah.

State Migration Centre Contact

The other thing I would do in your shoes is get a second opinion from George Lombard. He is good at pulling unexpected rabbits out of hats, is George. He might be able to talk the SA Government into a deal if you have your heart set on there:

Visa Info | George Lombard Consultancy Pty. Ltd.

I just have a feeling that you could be giving up too easily here....

Remember that the door to success is marked "Push."

Best wishes

Gill

Guest andrew_obrien
Hello Sarah

What's with the idea of "no visa pathway", please? Who says that there is no visa pathway for you and why do they say this?

Do you now have a positive skills assessment as an Education Officer?

If you have, are you willing to consider West Australia instead? The reason I ask is because WA does not publish a specific list and because the place is so vast they seem to be grateful to anybody who is willing to go and live some hundreds of miles from Perth for a few years (in their shoes, I would be grateful as well because I've been there and the place is immense!)

If you are willing to consider WA instead then here are the details:

State Migration Centre

If is not possible to understand WA without the map, which is interactive so put the cursor on different bits of it:

State Migration Centre Living in the Regions

You would be looking at the subclass 475 Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa to start with but that was probably true with SA as well I imagine:

State Migration Centre Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa

If you are willing to consider West Australia then in your shoes I would, literally, give them a ring. Have a chat with them and see what they say about the likelihood of a 475 visa for you as an Education Officer. The worst they can do is say "No" so you might as well ask, Sarah.

State Migration Centre Contact

The other thing I would do in your shoes is get a second opinion from George Lombard. He is good at pulling unexpected rabbits out of hats, is George. He might be able to talk the SA Government into a deal if you have your heart set on there:

Visa Info | George Lombard Consultancy Pty. Ltd.

I just have a feeling that you could be giving up too easily here....

Remember that the door to success is marked "Push."

Best wishes

Gill

Definatly get in touch with George as he pulled a major rabbit out the hat for me and even spoke to SA for me. So don't give up i have had a hard time with V/C and never thought about giving up so keep trying and good luck

Archived