Hi is anyone moving to the gold coast

steve/helen

Hi Hollie

My daughter is also 10.We went to the Gold Coast at Christmas and it was brilliant!You will love the beaches,big waves,the parks right by the beaches not forgetting the kangaroos!

We loved it so much we are moving too!

Love Paula

ps:you'll be having too much fun to worry about spiders!

Hi Paula thanks for replying to Hollies message im Helen her mum she will be really pleased when she gets home from school to see someone has replied.Have you started the process ,we have been accepted by tra and our visa application went off in dec so we are waiting to hear from them. Once again many thanks Helen

Hi Helen,

My skills assessment is here and ready to go tomorrow!We'll really feel things are under way when that goes.Do you know where on the Gold Coast you want to head for?I just look at the girls & think it's gotta be better for them there than here but it's scary all the same!

Hope to hear from you soon,Paula

hi paula its hollie what is your daughters name?. oz does sound like fun and i think ill get to like it. im sad about leaving my family and friends

but if we do go out there ill be coming back to see them. well i have to go now have to leave for school at 8.00.

love

Hollie

xxx :D

Hi Paula we r looking to go to mudgeeraba our friends live there they emigrated nearly 4yrs ago,so at least we will have some one we know when we get there.It is scary its such a big move but as u say it will be better for the girls, i have 2 Hollie 10 as u know and Sophie 6 .We think its going to be too much of a hard life here for them,how will they afford property etc.Life is too busy here ,oz sounds so laid back,not so much financial pressure and of course the better weather.Its a long process and we r at the stage where we playing the waiting game apparently this is the worst bit of the process but once u r told to go for meds and police checks it all goes quicker.Hope to hear from u soon Helen

Hi Helen

Our friends live in Helensvale which was lovely.We looked at land to buy & liked Coomera but it's just day dreams at the mo!We have 2 girls,Beth 10 and Izzy 7.I'm a nurse & David is in medical sales,so I'm hoping we'll get jobs OK.I agree the wait is a killer but it will be worth the wait!Are you watching Wanted Down Under on BBC at the mo,it's the highlight of my day...SAD!!looking forward to hearing from you soon,Paula

Hi Paula yes we r watching wanted down under and we r just as sad its the highlight of our day too.Steve gets home from work and we watch it while we have dinner then i dash off to work.Steve is an electrician and im a hotel services supervisor for a hospital.Where do u live ?we live in sutton surrey.R your girls excited about moving to oz or a bit unsure like Hollie (leaving friends and family)Helenx

Hi Helen,we live in foggy Kingswinford,West Mids.Last night Beth told me that she doesn't want to move & to deal with it!!!Ho Hum!!Little does she know that I've sent off school enrollment forms!!It's great getting your notes,funny to think that there are loads of us all over the country doing this!I'm just wondering what to do on a foggy day while hubby goes to the match...if only I was by the beach!Write soon,luv Paula x

Hi Paula isnt it funny how our 10yr old daughters arnt keen on going to oz.They seem so much more grown up these days god knows what it would be like trying to persuede a teenager .Did u send your skills assessment off? I looked at Helensvale on real estate i just cant believe what u can get for your money.Its amazing how many people r trying to emigrate but when u look at oz to here u can understand why.How long have u been nursing for ?my mum was a nurse but is retired now. Off to bed now up at 6 for work luv Helenx

Hi Helen,Are you going to wait to be sent for your medicals & police checks?Seems like some people on the forum just go ahead & get them done,would save time later i suppose.Here is my email address,it may be better to write via that

paula.newey@hotmail.co.uk

don't work too hard!!

Luv Paula x

Guest donovan

Hiya Steve, Helen & Paula we too are moving towards to GC, we sent our Meds to Oz 3 weeks ago this Friday so its a waiting game at the moment.

We have 3 boys Josh 11, Mitchell 8 and Harvey who will be 3 in April our oldest boy Josh is a little bit unsure about going even though he does love it out there, don't know if you watched the WDU programe we were the Jones family moving to the GC it does show how unsure our son is but as I told him "Josh untill your 16 we have to make decisions for you" I know it's hard for the kids but it is just the same for us, we have to leave & make new friends as well. Anyway good luck to you all maybe we will have to have a meet up when we are all in Oz!!!

Sarahx

Hi Sarah we have been watching wdu but missed a couple which was probably your one.How long did u have to wait after sending your visa application till getting told to go for your meds and police checks?Had u been to oz before u went with wdu?We r looking to go to mudgeeraba what part r u looking to move to?It would be great to meet up when we all get out there.You should be getting your visas soon when do u plan to go?The kids will realise once they r there and settled that it was the right thing to do. Helenx

Guest donovan
Hi Sarah we have been watching wdu but missed a couple which was probably your one.How long did u have to wait after sending your visa application till getting told to go for your meds and police checks?Had u been to oz before u went with wdu?We r looking to go to mudgeeraba what part r u looking to move to?It would be great to meet up when we all get out there.You should be getting your visas soon when do u plan to go?The kids will realise once they r there and settled that it was the right thing to do. Helenx

hiya Helen

Did u get my reply? I sent one put can not find it on here :?

sarahx

Guest donovan

hiya Steve,Helen & Paula

Sorry not been on here for a few days, my computer went down and I had to take it to get fixed, but I am back on line now guys, hope I have not missed anything?

Sarahx

Hi again Paula and sarah we got a letter on friday from our agent saying that they have heard from the adelaide skilled processing centre stating that they recieved our applicaion on 28th dec 2006,so now begins the wait for a co to be allocated ,Hope to hear from u both soon luv Helenx

Hi Helen & Sarah!

Helen:great news about your appl.Must be nice to hear stuff is going through OK.Weird about emails..maybe my big girl has secretly deleted them!

Sarah:did you put your house on the market?What with skills asessment,visa,selling,crates,family,dog,jobs blah blah..we'll be knackered before arriving in Oz!!

Write soon,

Paula xx

Guest donovan
Hi Helen & Sarah!

Helen:great news about your appl.Must be nice to hear stuff is going through OK.Weird about emails..maybe my big girl has secretly deleted them!

Sarah:did you put your house on the market?What with skills asessment,visa,selling,crates,family,dog,jobs blah blah..we'll be knackered before arriving in Oz!!

Write soon,

Paula xx

yeah I know we will need a holiday, lol .

We have put our house on the market now and have the 1st viewing on Friday, so once again fingers & legs crossed they want to buy it.

Hiya Helen great news about your application lets hope u get a co soon.

Take care

Sarahx

Hi Sarah got everything crossed that your house viewing goes well on fri,when do u plan to leave the uk?How long did u have to wait to get a co after u had recieved the letter saying that they had recieved your application?How do u feel at the moment i bet u cant believe it u r really going!luv Helenx

Archived