Moneycorp - Forward Contracts??!!

Guest jenny4nails

Guest jenny4nails

A question for those who might know the answer to this query........

I have recently opened an account with Moneycorp and made a couple of 'forward contracts' while the exchange rate for Oz looked good.

I have paid my 10% deposit...with the remainder to be paid next year when we leave for Australia.

I got a 3 page 'legally binding contract' come through from Mopneycorp and instructions on how to pay my deposit.

My question is....for those of you that know....is it right that you don't get a 'formal' receipt for your deposits? I have requested receipts on a couple of occasions (in writing!) I have received an email from the accounts department saying yes they have received my deposits.

I'm just aware someone has got £thousands££££ of our pounds and wil have for another 8 months....and all we have in an email as proof that we have given it to them.

Can anyone confirm if this is normal...and that I haven't got anything to worry about please??!!

Also....how secure/safe is your money/deposit with them......what if they do a 'Northern Rock' and go under??!!

(I did ask this question...twice....and did (at the time) think I understood what Moneycorp told me...obviously...I didn't understand...can someone tell me in easy to understand language please :goofy:

Many thanks in advance

Jenny

Guest Andy and Tracy

Jenny

I started a thread a few days ago on Hifx / Moneycorp how safe are they from the credit crunch? which has a bit of info that might help. Look down the Money and Finance section.

Tracy

Hi,

we've used moneycorp for about 6-8 months, everything is done by email or fax, its quite normal. I wouldn't worry, we have put 100's of thousands thru' an its all been fine.

Not sure about how safe they are with the recent banking problems tho'.

Someone else might help on that score.

Guest jenny4nails

Thanks guys with what you've both put, I'm feeling better and more at ease.

It was the fact that we didn't get formal receipts for our deposits that made me worry, but if that's how you've found it and you've been fine/happy with their service then that makes me feel happier.

Just read your thread you started Tracy...very interesting....just what I was wondering too!

Thanks again

Jenny

Archived