cofused nurse!?!

Guest linzi

Hi to all

it's been a while since i have logged in but i have been on reading posts!! I've been offered a job in brisbane,hospital sponsership is through for me (and my 3 kids) on a 457 visa.Still waiting for confirmation of reg with QNC but they took the money months ago!! Have been advised to start applying for visa's now,but before i start shelling out the big money just wondered if anyone had advice on whether or not i'm taking a big risk for me and my kids. i am a single parent,manage here in rented accom so expecting to do same in Bris. Will be on about $52 k ....is that enough to survive on?!!! Not a very materialistic family,we just want to enjoy life with the basics(as we do here!!). I keep skirting around the subject so i thought i'd just ask! We'll basically have about $5k to start up with and i plan on living north of brisbane and travelling about 30 to 45 mins for work. Am i living a pipe dream? Help!!!

Hi Linzi.

I'm not at that stage yet but just thought I'd give you an opinion (hopefully positive). Thats about the same wage as here. Living expenses might be slightly more being near to the city but I wouldn't expect it to be too dramatic. Kids having a beach near by may also lower your out-goings. Shouldn't expect they'll want to go any where else! You go girl, stay positive!

Amy

thanks Amy. I will...i'd be mad not to take this opportunity for myself and my children. I want them to realise there's more to life than Nintendo DS's , the internet and Sky tv.....i want them to experience life and travel. It's a big ole world and we're only here once!! Think i must have gypsy in me somewhere,at the very least there's a repressed hippy straining to get out LOL!!!!!

Archived