Transfering uk licence to australian licence in QLD

Guest Petra & Dave

Guest Petra & Dave

just been told that when you transfer your licence across in QLD that you have to take a highway code test is this still the case

Cheers Dave, Petra, Quianna,

Guest HappyBunny

No, you will need your passport, ID with signature on (we used our UK credit cards) and proof of address (we were in short term rental so used letter from our Oz bank) and your UK drivers licence. Take them along to your nearest QLD transport Customer Service Centre (look in the phone book or ring the ever-so-helpful customer service line) present your documents, fill in the form, smile for the camera, pay your fee and bobs your uncle!

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I was just reading this post regarding transfering the driving licence seems simple enough, does anyone know how much the fee is for this? Many thanks. x

hi, my address on my drivers licence is still my old one from 2 years ago, will this matter, as prove of address will be the recent address....... on our way to either WA or SA. thanks

Guest HappyBunny
Blimey

Had forgotten to get mine done, best get onto it as I think I am right in thinking you only get a couple of months otherwise you are not insured!! Thanks for the reminder:v_SPIN:

Think I'm right in saying you only have 3 months to transfer your licence if you are here on a permanent visa. Cost depends on the number of years you get your licence for. You can apply for a licence to run from between 1 and 5 yrs and the cost goes up from around $30 to $70. Check out the Queensland Transport site for more details or your nearest Customer Service Centre. x

My uk licence was in my maiden name so i just took my marriage cert ,address wise i dont think they too fussed as they know your not there now anyway,lol. You can buy a 1, 3 or 5 yr licence here ,no test of any sort required. You will need a rental agreement or something with your Australian address on.

Cal x

• 4 years later...
Hi , my husband has a hgv class 1 truck licence and we are of to oz very soon, I know he has to change this but could any one help, im trying to find out where in south Australia do you do this, how long does it take and most important... how much. many thanks Helen.

I have just finished completeing my HC truck licence (class 1 UK) cost about $1800 for the actual driving lessons and test took 2 days, and had to sit a multiple choice test in the DOT office, ( where you get your Licence), to get a learners permit for the vehicle your learning in, cant remember how much but about $40, after you pass it was arround $60 - $80 to update the licence.

Google truck training in your local area, I'm in WA.

Hope this helps, Alan

Archived