Horses

Guest TJB321

My partner and I are going through the visa application process at the moment. We breed horses here in the UK and we wanted to ask if there are any horse owners / breeders out in Australia and where you are?

When we move out we would like to live in an area that has enough fields / grass to keep horses but we have no idea where to start..! Any advice is welcome. Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

we are travelling oz started in perth now in Melbourne. I personally wouldnt say perth for horses as its so dry no grass ! very hot in summer and their hay is kind of like straw bedding ! same in adelaide too. so far our limited experience is Vic. there are lots of horsey areas . mornington is lovely there is a horseland store for all your needs (kind of like robinsons at home) . the grass is green here as apposed to brown and it does rain a lot compared to ade and perth.

I have also been told berwick is a horsey place lots o stud farms . www.vichorse.com is useful for the area. www.cavelleti.com.au is good help for WA.

I dont own a horse here but had horses for 20 years back home.

the leather is crap so bring any tack u like!!

I know there is a whole stud farm moved from uk to sydney area google fell ponies sydney they brought over gypsy cobs and fells. you could message them ,

if u like Pm me more details and ill help u as best i can from this end.

hope that helps. excuse spelling having a thick day.....

Archived