Waikiki

Guest blackjack041

Guest blackjack041

Hi,

Very exciting but I have just received a job offer, which I am waiting to sign (want to read it through with my wife first)! But it looks like, if visa ok, we are moving to Waikiki Jan09. Anyone from that area or surrounding suburbs? Be good to hear from you!

Cheers

Pete.

Guest guest17301

Hi Pete,

We are also moving in Jan 09 and likely to be going to Waikiki! I posted a thread entitled 'Rockingham and surrounds' in Western Australia and there are quite a few replies, worth a look if you haven't seen it already. What do you do?

Guest blackjack041

Hi,

I'll dig out the posts and have a look thanks!

I'm a secondary school teacher... Its been abit of a whirlwind of having the interview to receiving the offer letter yesterday, bit of a shock when we told family but they were sort of prepared for it! just hoping visa/medicals etc go through ok. Just hoping that 3 months is enough to get everything sorted.

How about yourself, what do you do?

Pete.

Guest guest17301

That's excellent! You might end up teaching my daughter! What school you going to? Have you done much research yet, I've done tons so if I can help just let me know. I do know that Waikiki and surrounding suburbs are very affordable and also very close to the beach..result!!

I'm a nurse and have a job in the city.

Just shout if you need any info

Guest hartleys

Hi Guys

We are heading to perth in feb 09 and hoping to buy in waikiki or safety bay (next suburb). We stayed with my brother there in march this year and loved it. The area is gorg and the beach is stunning and really close for shopping etc and the new development in waikiki ( waikiki blue) should only make it nicer. I cant wait to get there

Lisa

Guest ozziebabe

Hi I am Laura, Pete's wife. Me and the kids, Jospeh 9, Thomas 7 and Cadence 4 will be going on the big adventure too and we can't wait. Ebay is chocker with my stuff and soon the local rag will be too. Then it's just the need for a little yard sale and our house will be free of junk and ready for the move.

Guest guest17301
Hi I am Laura, Pete's wife. Me and the kids, Jospeh 9, Thomas 7 and Cadence 4 will be going on the big adventure too and we can't wait. Ebay is chocker with my stuff and soon the local rag will be too. Then it's just the need for a little yard sale and our house will be free of junk and ready for the move.

Hi Laura,

Any news on your move? I've sold some stuff on Ebay too, so much to sell! Have you had a look at Waikiki? Looks lovely. Bet the kids are excited!

hi all me and oh and little one are going out on the 27th dec but are going on the east coast for a holiday first but are then going to perth. i have a job to go to we just need some friends out there for a barbi or two oh and somewhere to live.. but all will be well

Guest ozziebabe

Hi Fiona,

Yes things are going okay with the move, I keep getting scardey moments but all in all we are so excited. The kids can't wait to go. My eldest has said he is never going in the sea because of the jelly fish and sharks but I am sure he'll be fine once he sees the beach and the ocean.

Ebay is going okay but a bit slow for my liking. We desparately need to sell the car at the moment so that is our top priority then we may have to have couple of yard sales too. It's just so exciting.

We have 3 removal companies in next week for quotes so once they have been we can really sort out when to ship our stuff and things like that.

How about your end?

Guest emi-great

Waikiki is a suburb of the city of Rockingham suburbs in the same area are Safety Bay, Warnbro, Port Kennedy, Secret Harbour, Baldivis all with the exception of Baldivis are close to the ocean & have affordable housing. Baldivis is around 10 minutes drive inland & is close to the freway access that suburb has a rural type feel.

Web sites with info on the area as follows

http://www.rockinghamwa.com.au

City of Rockingham, Western Australia

Rockingham WA Western Australia | Rockingham WA Tourism, Accommodation, Immigration, Business, Website design, & Community Portal | Travel & Tourism | Rockingham - Western Australia

Emi-Great - Home - Short Term Rental Accommodation for migrants emigrating from England to Rockingham, Mandurah, Port Kennedy, Warnbro and Perth

Secret Harbour Whisper home page

The area has lots of amenities for young families & is only a short drive from Mandurah you will find most things you require in the area but access to the city is easy now by way of the train which is about 35 minutes & fairly cheap.

Hope all your plans go well

Eve

Guest guest17301
Waikiki is a suburb of the city of Rockingham suburbs in the same area are Safety Bay, Warnbro, Port Kennedy, Secret Harbour, Baldivis all with the exception of Baldivis are close to the ocean & have affordable housing. Baldivis is around 10 minutes drive inland & is close to the freway access that suburb has a rural type feel.

Web sites with info on the area as follows

www.rockinghamwa.com.au

City of Rockingham, Western Australia

Rockingham WA Western Australia | Rockingham WA Tourism, Accommodation, Immigration, Business, Website design, & Community Portal | Travel & Tourism | Rockingham - Western Australia

Emi-Great - Home - Short Term Rental Accommodation for migrants emigrating from England to Rockingham, Mandurah, Port Kennedy, Warnbro and Perth

Secret Harbour Whisper home page

The area has lots of amenities for young families & is only a short drive from Mandurah you will find most things you require in the area but access to the city is easy now by way of the train which is about 35 minutes & fairly cheap.

Hope all your plans go well

Eve

Thanks for the websites Eve, just had a look they're great, very useful.

I made enquiries about accomodation with you a few weeks ago but we are not quite ready to book just yet, as our dates are not confirmed.

Hopefully you may still have something available when we are all sorted,

Thanks again, Fiona

Archived