which removal company

Guest mjg

Hi,

We've just had pickfords round today to assess our stuff for removal and it looks like with the amount of junk, we will be tight on a 20ft container. This is probably compounded by husband wanting to ship his motorbike as well. But I'm happy enough to take the opportunity to have a good clear out. We will have a few others, Crown, Anglo Pacific over as well but I presume that they will all be similar. SO, how do you choose which to use? Are there anythings we should look out for in particular. The man from Pickfords was keen to stress that they would do their utmost to get the job and price would be keenly negotiable...

Any advice would be most grateful!

Thanks!

Im a crown supporter.lol, ive used them twice and they were great ,you also dont hear too many horror stories about them.They arent the cheapest but as it crown here and crown in the uk theres less chance of them 'trying to pass the blame'' onto the contractor and cheapest isnt always best when its your life possesions they are looking after.

Cal x

Guest YellowGecko

Hi. I wanted to go with Pickfords as well but as well as taking 2 weeks getting back with a quote, they also charged amost double what the other companies charged. I'm not saying they won't give good service (once they've bothered quoting) but the initial service we got put us right off. I hope you have better luck with them.

If you search removals on here you'll get loads of feedback on pros and cons of each.

If you are choosing between them, make sure you are comparing like with like, things to check.

- insurance coverage

- delivery distance from port

- who pays customs inspection charges

- is the packing for a cu foot volume or just for a containers worth

- can you change your inventory

- what packing materials do they use

- if they use a company over in Aus for the delivery rather than another branch of themselves, who is it (search them out as well)

- how long do they allow for unpacking ?

- do they take packing materials away with them after delivery

- do they unpack for you

- Do they dismantle items or do you need to do it before they arrive.

Archived