help require for Visa

Guest jumbo

Hi there everyone new to all of this, but just wondering if anyone has some advise. the situation is my partner and i want to come to australia but reading about it is very confussing. My partner has an MSc in Concurent enginering & an MSC in Aeronautical engineering he also has thirteen years as a software developer for large multi national companys ,software patents Java qualification ect.

Can anyone please tell us if he can get a Skilled Visa on his qualifications or he would have to go down the root of the RPL application

Kind

regards

Jumbo:jiggy:

Guest christel

hi, check out www.immi.gov.au their lists for required people..your partner seems quite talented!..even if its not on the required list, if they want to stay in that field i would contact our major airlines with an expression of interest. x

hi there christel thanks for the advise. My partner is appling under the skilled Visa, but we dont know if the masters degrres he has will be able to be used on there own or if he will have to do the RPL route as his skills are in software developement and that is what he is using as his skilled visa application.

but his qualifications are in a different subject.

Kind Regards

Jumbo

Guest Andy and Tracy

Hiya Jumbo

My husband has 2 different trades. Our Agent told us to concentrate solely one the one trade you are applying under. Only attach what is relevant to that trade as they will ignore anything that is not related to the skill / trade you are applying under. In fact we had to underplay the 2nd trade in case they thought he didn't have enough experience in the first one! It is tempting to let them know that you are highly skilled / qualified, but she told us that this would actually work against us! Sounds daft, I know.

Ideally you need to have a recognised qualification in the trade / skill you are applying under AND recent work experienced which can be verified. (Wage slips / accountants ref etc). The work experience varies from one to 3 years, I believe, but you will have to check that. I am basing this on our Skilled Independent Visa 175 which is permanent and allows us to work anywhere. It is the best type of visa you can get, if you have enough qualifying criteria to meet it.

Hope that helps

Tracy

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Jumbo

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I agree with you that the DIAC website is extremely confusing when you first start trying to investigate visas etc for Oz.

The easiest way to get started - by miles - is to ring up some firms of migration agents. Good agents do not charge for 15 minutes or so on the phone because the reputable ones will not agree to act for you unless they believe that you have a realistic chance of getting a visa. They need to assess that as much as you need to know about visa options and an experienced agent can cover a LOT of ground with you very quickly.

There is no compulsion to use an Agent but I think common-sense is to pick their brains about your possible visa options and just hear what they have to say. They can strip out the visas you would not be eligible for/need not consider and narrow it down to just one or two.

Once they have told you wish visa and a bit about it the DIAC website then starts to make sense. Especially with two possible occupations to choose from. in your shoes I would definitely speak with some agents as my own first step in the process.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived