Increased Baggage Allowance??

Guest Gough-Ray's

Guest Gough-Ray's

Myself and husband are due to make the move in May, although thanks to the new 'wanted in oz' programme on the bbc, we change our minds daily about where we are going to go!!

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew of an airline where you can get a higher baggage allowance than the usual 20kgs?

Also, while I'm here, I'm sure I've read somewhere about references that you would have to bring with you to enable you to rent. Does anyone know exactly what we would need. We have never rented in the UK so could not bring a landlords ref with us? :shock:

Thanks

The Rays

Guest kazzy01

Singapore airlines definitely do it, Qantas and Emirates I think you have to pay for a more expensive ticket to qualify.

You will need to send a photocopy of your visa to the travel agents when booking the ticket and you can only get it if you are booking a one way ticket with no stopovers.

Guest Josephine

Hi

We are leaving in May on Singapore Airlines. They do require a copy of your visa, but if you go through a travel agent, which we did, they take a copy for you. We were allowed 40kgs each ( this only applies if you have a valid permanent visa).

We are having a two day stop over in Singapore and that made no difference to the baggage allowance.

Hope this helps.

Hi

We are in Perth at the moment trying to sort our rentals - we also never rented in UK & this can be a bit of a problem if you also don't have a job here.

You will basically need:

Bank or similar professional reference (this is where the ex-landlord comes in) we were also told that a statement from the estate agent who sold the house would help

Personal references

proof of earnings (we can't do this as no job yet so will probably need to pay 6 months rent up front.)

best of luck

Guest Missiemo
Myself and husband are due to make the move in May' date=' although thanks to the new 'wanted in oz' programme on the bbc, we change our minds daily about where we are going to go!!

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew of an airline where you can get a higher baggage allowance than the usual 20kgs?

Also, while I'm here, I'm sure I've read somewhere about references that you would have to bring with you to enable you to rent. Does anyone know exactly what we would need. We have never rented in the UK so could not bring a landlords ref with us? :shock:

Thanks

The Rays[/quote']

When we arrived and looked for our rental all we had to do was pay six months rent in advance, no references were requested.

Good Luck

Mo

You will basically need:

Bank or similar professional reference (this is where the ex-landlord comes in) we were also told that a statement from the estate agent who sold the house would help

Can you give us an idea what this ref from Estate agent should say?

Archived