and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DonUnder

Intensive driving courses

Guest DonUnder

I never bothered to pass my test in the UK as I've always lived somewhere where a car just isn't needed (or practical) but now I'm moving out to Oz I want to be a little more mobile.

Is there an Ozzie equivelent to the UK intensive driving courses which you can bash through in a couple of weeks. I'll be based in Sydney and I know that a P license requires you to have so many hours supervised driving logged which makes the intensive course option quite unlikely...but thought i'd ask anyway.

Opinions?

Guest sheena

hiya, hope this helps a bit, i just spoke to a driving school regarding my son, was told that they need 100 hours on the road before you can take a test, since found out not all has to be with a driving school, but must be at least 50, so dont think you can really do a intensive course, but can you not do one over there before you move? might be your best bet!

hope all goes well for you!

sheena :wubclub:

Guest country gal

hello don here is alot different to england......

the first phase of your driving licence you sit a computer test with 30 questions in which you have to get 26 right (just general road rules)

then if you pass you are only able to drive with someone who has had there licence for four years and you have to have L plates up.

second phase is the practical test where you will be instrusted on what to do. you can do this when ever you like after passing your computer test (unless you just turned 16 then you have to wait until you 16 and 6months to do second phase). if you pass your practical you will be on whats called a log book. you have to log up minimum of 25 hours but you have to be on this for at least 6 months.

third phase you then take another computer test after 6months if you pass that you then have your full driving licence and have to have P plates for 2 years.

when you are on your first and second phase you HAVE to drive with L plates up and you are ONLY allowed to drive with someone who has had there licence for four years.

you are allowed to drive in this country on your 16th birthday

hope this helps

Guest DonUnder

There seems to be lots of different stories about how many hours supervised driving needs to be done until you can sit the test. Some say 25...some say 50...some say in excess of 100. Does this vary from state to state? If so does anybody know the figure for NSW?

Guest milo123

Hey, i know its a late reply- but the owner of this company is Australian so i know he can give you some advice ,his website is great for tips on driving in general too. Intensive driving courses in Cambridge. Good luck!

Guest milo123

Hey, i know its a late reply- but the owner of this company is Australian so i know he can give you some advice ,his website is great for tips on driving in general too. Intensive driving courses in Cambridge. Good luck!