and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest poppytoes

Childcare in OZ !!!

Guest poppytoes

Hi all,

We are looking at emigrating next year and i am currently doing general research (like you do !) into property, areas etc in brisbane.

I have read the many threads on education as i have a 2 and half year old girl who will be ready to start school in australia by the time we arrive at xmas 2009.

However, i am 33 weeks pregnant with my second and due in november. In 2009/2010 the baby will be 1 year old and i will need to look into child care.

I obviously want to settle first and husband will be working (we hope :skeptical:) but then i will need to get a job :arghh: !!

Does anybody know what kind of prices nurserys/daycare start from in oz ? Are they similar prices to here ( hope not !!)

Or if its the same policy with registered childminders.. how much they cost ?

I am managing to get alot of my other info needed from various other threads.

Hope to hear from some of you soon !!,

Poppy toes x

Guest christel

Hi,

Various child minding/nursery options here, lots of home choices where carers are registered with a large company but they actually work at home, but with the backing and support of for development etc. Ive listed some websites for all you mums to have a look at x

www.familydaycare.com.au

www.australia.gov.au/Child_Care = this one gives you any eligibility/financial assistance you may be able to apply for

www.childcare.com.au

www.ncac.gov.au

Guest Chrissy
Hi,

Various child minding/nursery options here, lots of home choices where carers are registered with a large company but they actually work at home, but with the backing and support of for development etc. Ive listed some websites for all you mums to have a look at x

www.familydaycare.com.au

www.australia.gov.au/Child_Care = this one gives you any eligibility/financial assistance you may be able to apply for

www.childcare.com.au

www.ncac.gov.au

Hi there. Check this website out.

http://www.sesamelane.com.au

a real nice childcare centres in brisbane. Look at the fee structure, its alot cheaper than what I pay here in the uk! Also ABC childcare are good too. ABC Learning Centres - Child Care Australia

Any other questions, give me a shout. Chrissy

Guest Chrissy
Hi all,

We are looking at emigrating next year and i am currently doing general research (like you do !) into property, areas etc in brisbane.

I have read the many threads on education as i have a 2 and half year old girl who will be ready to start school in australia by the time we arrive at xmas 2009.

However, i am 33 weeks pregnant with my second and due in november. In 2009/2010 the baby will be 1 year old and i will need to look into child care.

I obviously want to settle first and husband will be working (we hope :skeptical:) but then i will need to get a job :arghh: !!

Does anybody know what kind of prices nurserys/daycare start from in oz ? Are they similar prices to here ( hope not !!)

Or if its the same policy with registered childminders.. how much they cost ?

I am managing to get alot of my other info needed from various other threads.

Hope to hear from some of you soon !!,

Poppy toes x

Hi there. Check this website out.

http://www.sesamelane.com.au

a real nice childcare centres in brisbane. Look at the fee structure, its alot cheaper than what I pay here in the uk! Also ABC childcare are good too. ABC Learning Centres - Child Care Australia

Any other questions, give me a shout. Chrissy

My daughter starts school in january ,she currently attends an ABC centre,their fees are approx $60 pr day but if you are on a pr visa centrelink will contribute to some of the cost if your a lower earner, when we first came they paid most of the bill ,so it makes it a bit easier to work,good luck with everything

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...