You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest dannys188

Are painters and decorators needed in oz ?

Guest dannys188

Hi me and my wife are thinking of moving from suffolk to Queensland maybe Brisbane but was wonedring about work I am self employed decorator in uk and my wife is a hairdresser any idea how we would get on for jobs and points to move there please any one :?:

Guest graham$nic
Hi me and my wife are thinking of moving from suffolk to Queensland maybe Brisbane but was wonedring about work I am self employed decorator in uk and my wife is a hairdresser any idea how we would get on for jobs and points to move there please any one :?:

there was a program , series on the BBC about moving to aus , 9 ish in the morning .

one morning last week it was about a painter and decorator moving to Perth and there was load of work for him ! hope that helps you a little .

Guest dannys188

Hi graham$nic thanks for that I've heard alot about that program gutted I missed it. Havent been to perth would like to be in or aroung gold coast if possible :lol:

Guest tracy

hi Dannys118 we are from suffolk as well (Brantham 9miles from Ipswich). we are going out to oz for a look about in july and if we like it we will apply for visa.Have been thinking about emigrating for about a year.

We are going to Adelaide and the gold coast/Brisbane so will glad to tell you all about it when we get back

regards the newman family.

Guest dannys188

Hi tracey thanks for that sounds good me and my wife went for a month christmas and are keen on moving my only worry is work. but am city guilds nvq3 qualified and have had my own buisness for 10 years so hopefully will let me in. we went to sydney goldcoast and cains goldcoast is best you will love it. when are you moving ? or are you going to sus it out first. :D

Guest tracy

hi Danny 118 we are going over to sus it out first then apply for visa if we like it. again like you my only worry is the work i,m in print and there are only a couple of printers in Adelaide, which i'm hopeing to visit while we are over there.

The other big!! worry is that i'm not sure if our 15yr old daughter is going to want to come with us if we decide to emigrate hopefully the holiday will win here over.

anyway speak again soon.

Tracy and Steve.

Guest traybears

hi,my husband is also a painter and decorator,how are getting on now.did you find out anything about the work situation?we are planning to go to south australia.

Guest wilbatastic

how did you get on did you move to gold coast, i have aqf 3 in painting and 15 years exp from essex, and looking for a sponsor in that area. let me know if your on here